Prepping for my first solo “project”

Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
So I’ve had a few go’s at flying my solo and had a go at pushing and pulling some levers and buttons and now ready….. I am sure. for my next step…. I think ….maybe. I’ve set up a test project. I thought filming local cableway. filming people and following cablecars from the mountain top. these shots could be interesting.

So I want to setup a shot list around this scene and then put a clip together. Any direction on the shot list and what I should expect/lookout for would be appreciated…all part of the drone learning experience. One issue I need is to get 4 solo batteries anything less is a waste of time. What I can see is getting a good mental visual of the shot saves flying and battery time. Did a quick intro to get things going, get me prepep up.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I am no expert by any means, but I would think that the time of day would effect lighting and shadows depending on where you expect to shoot from. Also learning how to adjust the camera to get the best use of light. There are so many aspects beyond "just flying" that makes capturing video so challenging. Seems to me that my main hurdle is sometimes just making the effort to fly and shoot! I have a shot I've been wanting to try since I bought the Solo, but I just haven't been motivated enough.

what you are saying is right on the button. Normally if I have a shoot, natural lighting and my positioning and angle to the light are the first thing I look at. All these elements now change because I have a new element …my motion. This is not like a jib shot or dolly shot or a linear slider. My film position changes all the time. So I want to keep my shots like a jib or dolly except a very big jib and dolly but keep my camera angles the way I normally film and think.

and you have to develop a new way or perspective in these things which have been second nature in the past. I must admit this is exciting because I am learning a new way of doing things.

As to motivating yourself. Checkout the section on video and film on the forum…some really inspirational stuff there. I watched a few clips last night, some good stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000