Preparing to sell...

Reaction score
Greetings all! I think it's been years since I've been on the 3DR site, and more than three years since I flew my 3DR Solo. Getting it ready to sell, but I'm seeing that things have moved on with the software. My 3DR app is still on my iPhone and actually connects and works with my Solo. It suggests updating the firmware, but I see on the forum here that the firmware updates are no more. And my search in the Apple store reveals the original 3DR controller app is no longer there either. So I imagine the only real option is to advertise that the purchaser must also buy Sidepilot to fly it? Sidepilot will work with the original firmware, won't it? Is there a way to download the original 3DR app? I actually was a beta tester for SidePilot, but again, that was a few years ago. And since I'm selling it I'm not going to hassle with changing over to OpenSolo. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Max

I’m not gonna try to talk you out of selling but as long as you did the dreaded “pre-flight update” already, the new improved version of Sidepilot should work just fine on a stock solo.

I’m a beta tester for sidepilot right now and Tom has really improved the app. I flew my solo today with no issues.

I’m not gonna try to talk you out of selling but as long as you did the dreaded “pre-flight update” already, the new improved version of Sidepilot should work just fine on a stock solo.

I’m a beta tester for sidepilot right now and Tom has really improved the app. I flew my solo today with no issues.

I was one of the first beta testers for Sidepilot. I think Tom linked to my Sidepilot tutorial for mapping on YouTube because I got 5,000 hits on it. But it's been so long I don't know the current status of either the Solo or Sidepilot. I've got so many drones that my Solo will eventually become worthless sitting on my shelf. Better to find a good home for it. Thanks for the feedback!

Max

Reactions: Wetstone
I was one of the first beta testers for Sidepilot. I think Tom linked to my Sidepilot tutorial for mapping on YouTube because I got 5,000 hits on it. But it's been so long I don't know the current status of either the Solo or Sidepilot. I've got so many drones that my Solo will eventually become worthless sitting on my shelf. Better to find a good home for it. Thanks for the feedback!

Max
Hey Max, I'm interested in the Solo. Any list of items? Would you mind PM'ing me with the list and a price?

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc