Preflight update

Reaction score
I have just bought a 3dr solo and did factory reset, but the solo app is not working and I'm not sure how no to do a preflight update?? I have downloaded solex but that is not helping?

Please expound:

1. Why did you perform a factory reset?
2. What actions, *in detail* have you take before then and since then?
3. Are you receiving any error messages, noises, or visual indicators [either on a screen or from Solo's lights] ?

4. ...etc.

@just_bruce - Yeah, seems there are a lot of issues with people doing factory resets, unfortunately.
@D cover - You're going to need to either connect it to an older Android phone / tablet or any age chromebook, download the original 3DR Solo app and let it connect to 3DR's servers; or use an iOS device (iPhone, iPad) with the original Solo app to do the same; or use the Solex app you have and install Open Solo 4 on the controller and the drone both.

@just_bruce - Yeah, seems there are a lot of issues with people doing factory resets, unfortunately.
@D cover - You're going to need to either connect it to an older Android phone / tablet or any age chromebook, download the original 3DR Solo app and let it connect to 3DR's servers; or use an iOS device (iPhone, iPad) with the original Solo app to do the same; or use the Solex app you have and install Open Solo 4 on the controller and the drone both.
I'm well aware. I was and am hoping to encourage people to come bearing more information when requesting help. Flailing about in the dark is a waste of time on both ends, which is unfortunately where I see many, many 'help' threads progress. Just trying to help people get what they need in the least-frustrating [for all involved] fashion

@D cover were you able to get it running abd updated? Im in the same predicament with my drone and just wanted to make sure i can do it before i paid for the app

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. Just pulled my Solo out of storage after a couple of years and couldn't remember the WiFi password, so I did a factory reset. Got passed the WiFi password issue but now stuck in Preflight update. If I can find a way to get past that... I've tried the original solo app on a new different devices (both android and iOS) and none of them can download the firmware. I also bought Solex hoping the firmware upgrade option would get me past that, but no firmwares show up in the list even thought the solo is connected and recognised correctly.

I'll keep searching and testing things...
Would installing Open Solo 4 help? I guess I need to get that showing up in Solex first anyway.

In case it helps anyone else, I just loaded OpenSolo 4 and all is resolved. It was very easy, just need to do a little bit of reading and understand the components.
I've now done a short test flight and connected using Solex on my phone, Tower on my tablet and MissionPlanner on my laptop - don't ask me why I used all three...

Follow the instructions on the Solex Github repo/Wiki and you'll be golden.

PM me if you have issues and I'd be happy to help.

Reactions: darmenta_delfin
Hello guys.....I have 2 Brand New Solos that have never been set up. I read that you can no longer update your Firmware on the Solo thanks to 3dr Robotics.The original solo app we'll install I was reading but it won't let you download the 2.4.2 firmware update anymore so basically if you have to factory reset your Solo or you've got a brand new one in a box like I do and it's never been set up before it's become a paperweight. Any of you guys heard about this????

Hello guys.....I have 2 Brand New Solos that have never been set up. I read that you can no longer update your Firmware on the Solo thanks to 3dr Robotics.The original solo app we'll install I was reading but it won't let you download the 2.4.2 firmware update anymore so basically if you have to factory reset your Solo or you've got a brand new one in a box like I do and it's never been set up before it's become a paperweight. Any of you guys heard about this????
The demise of 3DR as a drone manufacturer has indeed meant that their firmware update servers have disappeared, and their app updates have stopped.

There is good news, however, as 3DR released their code under an open source license, and the OpenSolo project took over hosting and has pushed development and firmware incrementally forward.

In your situation you'll want to get either Solex [Android] or SidePilot [iOS] as your new App.

Once you have done that, please READ UP on getting OpenSolo 4 installed on your birds.

Reactions: Wetstone
In case it helps anyone else, I just loaded OpenSolo 4 and all is resolved. It was very easy, just need to do a little bit of reading and understand the components.
I've now done a short test flight and connected using Solex on my phone, Tower on my tablet and MissionPlanner on my laptop - don't ask me why I used all three...

PM me if you have issues and I'd be happy to help.I
Im very new to this, how do i start? like from the start, how do i get this program on my tablet? its not in the play store, so to start do i get it from the website?

Im very new to this, how do i start? like from the start, how do i get this program on my tablet? its not in the play store, so to start do i get it from the website?
If it isn't in the play store for you then your device is not compatible

Hello you seem to be one of the few who can fly, cant get passed preflight. How abouts did you go about installing Opensolo4? It says it was downloaded to my solex app but I
see no change in status or even know if it was unpacked. I'm assuming it's when the parameters are being updated but I can't be for sure.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'm stupid and thought hey let's factory reset my solo controller and bam I'm here to. I'd love the help. I bought the solex app but can't do anything on it. Thanks for anything man...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc