preflight software update blocked

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm very excited to start my first flight.
But, I'm still in the software upgrade mode.
I did twice a factory reset, and looking for a solution.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to install/upgrade the software.
I bought my SOLO yesterday
The App enters in download loop.
It seems not linked with WIFI on the SOLO even my Ipad or IPhone is linked into the setting.

can you help me please?
thanks in advance

You need to connect back to your home wifi to have the internet to download the updates. The app should be prompting you to do that.

Reactions: RDA
thanks
in bellow my current version
App : 2.4.3
Solo : 0.6.12
Autopilot : 0.1.0
Controller : 0.6.12
Controler Firmware : 0.6.14

Curiously, update available : 2.4.2

I tried several time to do a reset factory, switch to home WIFI to download and switch to SOLO to upgrade, but it returns on need to download the software

It's a nightmare

Keeps going round and round from WiFi too solo app not allowing an install.

how to be sure if the updated file (arround 180Mb) is well downloaded (at least on my ipad)
I guess a wrong file

I'm looking for a bypass too with preflight mode.
is it posssible?

Once you download the next step is to transfer to controler and solo, this is where it is messing up. When you connect back to solo app it again asked to download update, this circle is what I'm talking about. Keeps going round and round!

hello
I confirm it too.
this morning, it was smoothie and perfect.
an error message more detailed would be nice.

Thanks again for your message and help

hello
I confirm it too.
this morning, it was smoothie and perfect.
an error message more detailed would be nice.

Thanks again for your message and help
It would be nice to get some sort of notice of a server outage from 3dr!!

Hi, I'm still having this problem to download and upgrade SOLO.
After download and click begin, it asks for connecting to SOLO WIFI, and when it does the APP returns to download the software window... :(
(I'm using Android 5.0.2, my Solo factory versions: App=2.4.0 , Solo & Controller =1.1.22 , Autopilot = 1.2.0 , Controller Firmware = 1.2.2)
Is this a bug? How can I get out of this crazy cicle?
Thank you in advance!

I've tried that again but it didn't work. It keeps returning to download.
On the Download Upate window it's saying "New Version 2.4.2".
Is there any place that I can download the APK file so I can install is manually?
Or are there alternive ways to update Solo and pass the "preflight update" fase?
(just like SOLO_Cli? or the good old way: download firmware to the device and reboot?)
Thank you in advance

Thank you.
I've finally passed the "preflight update" phase, using a borrowed Sony Xperia XA F3111 cellphone with Android 6.0.

Now 3DR Solo "System Info" shows: App=2.4.0 Solo=2.42 Autopilot=1.3.1 Controller=2.4.2 Controller Firmware=1.2.11. Are these the latest versions?

I won't be able to use the xperia for flying SOLO, I will use my LG Tablet Android 5, incompatible device with SOLO App installed manually running the SOLO app APK file. Since the Solo app installed version is the same (2.4.0), I'm hoping not to have problems with that?!

These narrow number of SOLO App compatible devices makes me worried about SOLO future.
So I really appreciate an alternative way for completing the "preflight update" without depending on "3DR Solo App", "3DR Solo Beta App" or "3DR site-scan". Does anyone knows some hack?

It could be some procedure like the "runStickCal.sh" that I had to run for passing the next "Control Stick Error".

I'm a new Solo user, but I'm a very old CAD software industry user, so I must recommend NOT TO DEPEND ON 3DR/Autodesk to get your SOLO flying!

Thankfully there seems to be arising new alternatives! Solexapp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo