Portable charger redux

Reaction score
I posted a portable charger over a year ago. I started carrying it in place of the factory AC charger but recently was in a situation where the AC charger would've been useful. I redesigned the portable charger to be in the basic shape of a battery so it'll fit in a slot in my backpack.

3DR Solo DC Charger V2 by barneyj

Very will done !!! how long to charge from about 20% ?

That is killer- very professional!

Maybe I missed it, but where is power coming from?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. It takes a bit over an hour to charge a fully depleted pack. I have the DC/DC converter set to 6 amps but I think the battery's internal circuit takes it out of constant current pretty early. My bench power supply goes from putting out 7A to 1A when the 6th light starts blinking on the pack.

Car battery supplies power to it. I didn't make that clear in the thingiverse post, but the input is the XT60 connector. I have cables with the XT60 on one end and large alligator clips on the other. You'll see that in the post for the original design - 3DR Solo DC Charger by barneyj

I probably should've posted to my original thread instead of starting a new one - Another multi charger

Reactions: Maddog
Dude thats sweet, ive seen it on thingiverse but never looked into it! Liven up that thumbnail a bit! Lol

I posted a portable charger over a year ago. I started carrying it in place of the factory AC charger but recently was in a situation where the AC charger would've been useful. I redesigned the portable charger to be in the basic shape of a battery so it'll fit in a slot in my backpack.

3DR Solo DC Charger V2 by barneyj

That looks great!

Any chance you could upload the separate pieces at .stl files, at least for the shell? My print bed is fairly small, so I'm not able to print both halves of the shell full size at the same time.

That looks great!

Any chance you could upload the separate pieces at .stl files, at least for the shell? My print bed is fairly small, so I'm not able to print both halves of the shell full size at the same time.

I reposted the stl files separately on thingiverse.

Sweet! Thanks so much. very well thought out. There is even a little recess for the "+" mark on the XT-60 connector. That's attention to details! I kind of suck at thin walls so one of mine broke off. I'll CA it back and no one will know.

Attachments

• 2018-02-13 18.36.46.jpg
    2018-02-13 18.36.46.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 18
Thanks for this info. I've been looking for this type of solution for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela