Please help me ease my anxiety

Reaction score
Hi team!

So I bought my Solo last May and had a rocky start, I got a shaky gimbal and needed 3DR to send me a new one.

I took it on a road trip work contract through BC, Canada (I was a travelling sailing instructor ) and got some wicked stills (shameless plug: instagram.com/camponhigherground ) I took some clips but only had my MacBook air on me and couldn't really process them due to the lack of processor. So I haven't really had a chance to get some cinematic shots yet, which was the real reason I wanted a drone.

Fast forward to now, I had a family friend who wanted shots taken of his property and Island and took the drone up and found my gimbal not centred, and what I think was the "limp" issue. I was freaking out but tried to keep my cool, it was a really windy day - around 20-25 kl/hour and said I couldn't do it that day due to the wind.

I am now backpacking Europe, with the plan of returning home in mid December. Last night I couldn't sleep because my friend got the Phantom 4, and put out an awesome reel of his first few flights. He got some amazing cinematic shots, and I started to have an anxiety attack that I messed up, and now have some major buyers remorse.

I picked Solo because of the promise of a body that would be updated, as opposed to DJI releasing a new drone a year. But with Karma coming out, and the fact that the Hero 5 wont work with the current gimbal, I am worried that I messed up, and that I will be stuck with what I have, and especially since I may have a gimbal malfunction and I can't even fix it right now until I come back.

Is anyone else experiencing this anxiety? I might be overreacting but I just feel helpless right now.

Not sure I can ease your anxiety but here are some thoughts.
1. Sounds like you have a bad gimbal. Buy a new one for $99 on Amazon.
2. Don't compare yourself to others' skills and equipment. You said you have gotten 'killer shots'. Go out and continue to get more.
3. Hero5 video quality is the same as Hero4 IMO (see thread).
4. No matter what your equipment, you will benefit from stick time. Go out and shoot asap. Those learned skills will apply to your next drone.

So, there... I saved you about $1100.

Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela