Pixhawk 2.1 Firmware Version

• Thread starter Deleted member 12314
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12314

What is the latest and greatest firmware version for the Pixhawk 2.1 cube for use in the SOLO, what website is everyone using to determine current stable and beta releases?

Latest and Greatest? The two aren't mutually exclusive. The latest version would be a beta version. This would mean it could still have bugs that need to be worked out, features yet to be activated... where'as the greatest version would be a wide stable release that works very well.

Latest and Greatest? The two aren't mutually exclusive. The latest version would be a beta version. This would mean it could still have bugs that need to be worked out, features yet to be activated... where'as the greatest version would be a wide stable release that works very well.

You've covered the obvious but failed to mention the website where this prized information I seek is kept for easy viewing....lol....in any case thanks...

Oh didn't fail, just didn't mention my source on purpose due to the fact I didn't want you loading up a buggy beta version that's for test release thinking it was the "latest and greatest". Just wanted you to be clear on exactly what you wanted before giving you any info that could possibly result in a grounded or crashed bird.

If you use Solex or SidePilot, you will find that the latest and greatest versions are there to download and install. I've packaged them with the Solo's required defaults baked in so it works properly. v3.5.4 is the current stable release. And v3.6-RC1 is the beta.

If you use Solex or SidePilot, you will find that the latest and greatest versions are there to download and install. I've packaged them with the Solo's required defaults baked in so it works properly. v3.5.4 is the current stable release. And v3.6-RC1 is the beta.
Party Pooper.... I was gonna tell him eventually.... :D

Reactions: carpy

Thanks, I'm using a 5v mod Pixhawk 2.0 cube and Solex is my app of choice but it doesn't allow me to upload firmware updates to the modded cube (says not compatible) because maybe its able to determine its not a 2.1 Pixhawk so I usually update firmware using SSH.....that's the reason I was looking for information on a website that would allow download and change notes for the firmware upgrades....

Thanks, I'm using a 5v mod Pixhawk 2.0 cube and Solex is my app of choice but it doesn't allow me to upload firmware updates to the modded cube (says not compatible) because maybe its able to determine its not a 2.1 Pixhawk so I usually update firmware using SSH.....that's the reason I was looking for information on a website that would allow download and change notes for the firmware upgrades....
Fine, I'll play nice..... here's where you'll find a lot of information including installation using SSH.

Will pixhawk 2.1 firmware work on a 2.0 cube? Even with a 5V mod, I thought I read on another post it wouldn't work because the hardware is not the same.

Will pixhawk 2.1 firmware work on a 2.0 cube? Even with a 5V mod, I thought I read on another post it wouldn't work because the hardware is not the same.

It will definitely work, im currently 20 flights into a 5v modded 2.0 pixhawk cube running 3.5.4 firmware I can promise you it will work.....

Reactions: backcountryice
It will work. But the automatic installation through Solex will NOT work. The installer script is designed to detect the 2.0 vs 2.1 cube, and install the "correct" one based on that. It has no way to know if you've hacked up the 2.0 cube to make it "safe" .

Reactions: backcountryice
Quick question: If I have open solo on my remote controller should I also install it on the spare pixhawk 2.0 cube before doing the 5V jumper? Does that even matter since I won't be using solex to install the firmware anyway?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea