Phone flyers..

Reaction score
Do you put your phone in airplane mode and turn only wifi on? If not what happens when someone calls while your up in the air? I have been putting mine in airplane mode every time I go to fly.

Sitting here in the house I turned everything (props off) got 7 sat and did not put it in wifi. I did notice that the maps still worked when I left it on.

(Carrier Verizon Wireless w/ Note 4)

I wonder too I know at first I saw folks complaining messages and calls caused app to go away but haven't seen much on it in a while. So I'm guessing updates have sorted this problem out but can't say for sure. I use my 5s turned on some but haven't had it come up yet since I usually fly with my s6 I use it as a tablet for solo i haven't even got a SIM card for it yet.

I would suggest putting your phone in Airplane mode if you are unable to dedicate a tablet or old phone to your Solo.

I would suggest putting your phone in Airplane mode if you are unable to dedicate a tablet or old phone to your Solo.
i was told not to fly with the airplane mode on.

I have a Note 3 and usually put it into Airplane Mode, then turn the wifi back on to fly. However the other day I forgot, and about 5 minutess into the flight I got a phone call. I answered, was on the phone for 4-5 minutes and just let the Solo hover in place while I finished the call. Never lost connection either. I wouldn't advise this, and will continue to put my phone in Airplane mode when flying, but good to know that I didn't fall from the sky, have a flyaway, or go into RTL becasue of the call.

Dirby, I wonder why you were told not to fly in Airplane Mode? Find out man, mabye we are all doing it wrong?!?

somthing about wifi interference from airplane mode.

That doesn't seem to make sense, especially since you can enable WiFi once in you're in Airplane mode and thus block any cell phone interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela