Persistent Pair problem

Reaction score
I know that I am missing something. After 10 tries and not being able to find the answer on this site I have to ask. I got a new controler and am trying to pair with old solo (it is not a virgin controler). All goes well initially. Solo follows the excepted steps. The controler also appears to do the same. I get to the place where the controller says " controler updated" Next, I am directed to turn off solo and controler. Solo behaves and shuts down, the controler give me the finger and no matter how long I press the "hold for power button " it still gives me the bird. Sooo I remove the battery, thinking I can then reinsert the battery and continue to pair. Wrong answer. I turn on solo and notice the orange light next to the pair button is flashing once a second (I don't remember seeing that before)
Please help me out of this loop. I am following the step by step from the manual and also on this site. I am missing something simple.

Do you have the 3DR app connected ? What does it say? also, why did you factory reset?

Last question first. The old controler got crushed ( long story ) Got a " new one". It already had been renamed and password which I could not break, ergo, factory solo and controller. (Both have same wifi card).
First question, no it could not find either. I'm assuming that the solo factory reset took and controler didn't.

I gave it another try, the app must have connected with the drone and wants to update it. If I do that the controler still won't be paired.?

Let it do the update. Then you can just do a simple pairing procedure

If you remove the SD card in the controller, clean it and reinstall. I'll bet all you problems will go away.
PS: if you have not opened a controller yet PM me and i'll walk u through it.

I just did the download to the pad and now it wants me to do the controler and solo . One glitch, Solo_Link###, which does not show I the wifi settings it grabbed onto the controllers wifi instead. Does this mean that the factory reset for the controler did not take? Anyway, I will do the SD card ( done it on one another solo). Be back.

The update path go's like this: from phone or pad to controller to solo. only the controller has the solo link. the solo & contr. talk via wifi

OK. Progress. Solo and controler are paired and updated! After cleaning and reseating the SD card, I Paired Solo and Controler again, turned on solo and after it fully booted I started the controler, then fired up the Solex app and calibrated the gimbal. It want to go fly! One last question before fading into the sunset. At what point in the startup process do I turn on the GoPro?

SOOOO glad its working. I turn on controller, solo, camera

Before I forget. Thanks one and all for your help and patience.

Big debate on the order of startup, almost all work fine. I like:
GoPro
Solo
Controller
App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea