Password Lost for Sololink App Wifi.

Reaction score
Hi,
Could I please ask the forum if anyone else has forgotten or had their password stop working. I have tried all the paswords I would normally use, but none are now working. I am using the App on an Android device and have had several successful flights over a few weeks, but today I was asked to connect my wifi again through my Andriid phone settings without joy. It could be my fault and if so I will need to reset it. I am informed on the 3dr site not to do a factory re-set at this time. Any ideas would be very much appreciated, I have been trying to fix the situation for over 6 hours now. :)
Best Regards
Shaun.

I believe factory reset is the only way to reset the password to the default. They advise against doing a factory reset without asking first because they want to make sure you aren't having a different issue, like a stalled update in progress which could mess things up. I've done a reset several times. Just follow the guide and it should be fine. Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

I remember this happen to me once, I was looking through the app settings and saw it written out in plain sight. This was on the iOS version, several versions back. I'll fire mine up and see if I can find it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: erikgraham
We have the same issue. Lost WiFi password.

@Eric Sheehan , you are referring to "Go into Settings, Solo Settings, WiFi settings, I see my password listed there" - where are you looking for this? We tried to look in iPhone app, but there is no password there. If it is on the controller, then how would we get to this menu?

Is it safe to follow the factory reset instructions? Factory Reset | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology I sent support a chat, but have not heard anything back yet.

My son needs to fly tomorrow, so he is eager to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance,
CaliViking

Let Solo connect to controller.
Connect iOS device to solo, from device which "knows" the password.
In Solo app, go to settings from main screen.
Go into Solo Settings.
Go into WiFi settings. The password is displayed in the form.

If you don't have the password from any iOS device, you may find it in your Apple keychain.
Check apple support web for that. The process is not a piece of cake, but you can get a listing of all passwords which are "remembered" by your apple products.
Outside of that I guess you could do a factory reset, seems the tech support people "don't recommend it".
It would not surprise me if that caused other issues. If that is only resort, be prepared to redo software installs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Eric,
Ended up doing a factory reset. Did not have the apple keychain.
The instructions for the factory reset could be improved. Sentences are not very exact, too much jumping back and forth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle