Parameter Setting change - Tower...

Reaction score
Website
www.jlphotocreative.com
Hey guys... its been a while since I posted here! back in about January I was trying out Tower and running some basic missions. Something I picked up on a tutorial was a parameter change which was to allow Solo to travel beyone the range f the controller - on the mission - and not get the RTH command. This appears to have worked but it's hard to tell. I say this because I don't know if I did go out of range of the controller.

Tower was reading back the waypoints to me so I assume it didn't.

However, this is my query; Changing the parameter using Tower (apologies as I forget the actual parameter name) may facilitate the RTH not kicking in for missions but what about during normal solo use with the controller? If I go beyond range - will it still RTH?

Do I have to change this parameter back and forth for Tower versus normal solo flight?

I will search for the tutorial and edit the post with the actual parameter.

Hey guys... its been a while since I posted here! back in about January I was trying out Tower and running some basic missions. Something I picked up on a tutorial was a parameter change which was to allow Solo to travel beyone the range f the controller - on the mission - and not get the RTH command. This appears to have worked but it's hard to tell. I say this because I don't know if I did go out of range of the controller.

Tower was reading back the waypoints to me so I assume it didn't.

However, this is my query; Changing the parameter using Tower (apologies as I forget the actual parameter name) may facilitate the RTH not kicking in for missions but what about during normal solo use with the controller? If I go beyond range - will it still RTH?

Do I have to change this parameter back and forth for Tower versus normal solo flight?

I will search for the tutorial and edit the post with the actual parameter.
Jon, it is not necessary to swap back and forth for missions. The FS change you are referring to is only for 'Guided' flight. During normal flight Solo will still RTH if controller signal is lost. You can verify this yourself a couple of ways. Turn Solo and controller on normally, wait for GPS lock and then turn the controller off. Solo will begin flashing red on all 4 motor pods indicating RTH. Or you can do it like I do, take off normally with GPS lock and fly out a short distance and turn off the controller. Solo will RTH and you can let it land or turn the controller back on and re-take control.

Reactions: Maddog
Hey Jubalr! Good to know - thanks very much for the tips. I was just searching the YouTube tutorial and did find the same question to "Nuggetz" I think... he said the same and that it was only for Auto mode - which I guess is the guided flight you refer to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421