Pano issue?

Reaction score
I have a 3.8mm lens on my GP now and have set the field of view appropriately.

The issue I am having is that the Solo does not stop completely before taking some of the pictures in the sequence. Yesterday evening it was almost dead calm with the Solo hovering nicely but smearing several shot due to not being fully stopped. This has happened each time I have tried a 360 degree pano either cylindrical or hemispherical.

Any one else experience this or have a suggestion?

Thanks

I got around this by turning spot lock off. Currently, the Solo and GoPro do not communicate with each other. It's one way.

Solo sending a trigger -> GoPro camera receives trigger notification and does its thing but no callback.

To get around this officially, either GoPro needs to implement a notification method in their API or 3DR needs to implement an adjustable timer between moving on to the next shot.

In theory, we could try to modify the Pano shot script ourself since I believe it is a python file that it runs just like DronePan. It is on board the Solo. Located in the bin folder if I remember correctly. It has been a while for me.

Ive done a few panos with a 3.97mm lens with no problems with spot lock off, Id try with spot lock off and go from there

Thanks for the replies, don't know that I ever ran across the "Spot Lock" option when doing a Pano. Where is it?

Thanks for the replies, don't know that I ever ran across the "Spot Lock" option when doing a Pano. Where is it?

My apologies for the confusion. I meant to say Spot Meter. It's in the GoPro settings under Photo options. You'd have to do it on the GoPro itself and not through the Solo.

What software are guys using to out together the pano shots

Off topic, but AutoPano is a great software to use. For a free version, Hugin.

In my opinion, AutoPano is a beast of a program and is worth it if you plan to do multiple Panos or little planet pictures.

My apologies for the confusion. I meant to say Spot Meter. It's in the GoPro settings under Photo options. You'd have to do it on the GoPro itself and not through the Solo.

Off topic, but AutoPano is a great software to use. For a free version, Hugin.

In my opinion, AutoPano is a beast of a program and is worth it if you plan to do multiple Panos or little planet pictures.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea