Orders from Dronefly

Reaction score
has anyone out there ordered their solo from Dronefly, just wondering if you got your accessories yet?

I was told that the extra battery would ship with the gimbal. They have the batteries in hand. They told me that the gimbals have been shipped to them, but they don't know how many are coming on each shipment. Since I'm down on the totem pole (77 days wait vs 130+ for some), they told me if the first shipment is big (150 or so) then I could get mine mid to late September with the first batch.

I was told that the extra battery would ship with the gimbal. They have the batteries in hand. They told me that the gimbals have been shipped to them, but they don't know how many are coming on each shipment. Since I'm down on the totem pole (77 days wait vs 130+ for some), they told me if the first shipment is big (150 or so) then I could get mine mid to late September with the first batch.
We should have ordered direct from 3dr, just got to be patient

They are always very pleasant when I've called for updates, but I wish they would send something out to those of us who have been waiting for months..I should probably give them another call and see where I am in line. It's been a while lol.

I preordered my solo in mid july from germany. Dronefly told me that the solo+gimbal+extra battery will be shipped till the end of september. Hopefully

Touched base with Dronefly late yesterday - "any day now" was the answer on when they would be receiving their shipment. I understand it has already been shipped.

On a similar note, another user on this site stated that he ordered his direct from 3DR on 8/31 and got it yesterday. Ugh.

Touched base with Dronefly late yesterday - "any day now" was the answer on when they would be receiving their shipment. I understand it has already been shipped.

On a similar note, another user on this site stated that he ordered his direct from 3DR on 8/31 and got it yesterday. Ugh.
banging-head-on-the-wall-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: Acroduster

I agree... that's just not right! 3DR should be fulfilling all orders made from resellers before shipping to people who order direct from them! I was feeling patient, but this just pisses me off if true..... I know there's nothing I can do but complain, so that's what I'm doin. :mad:

Reactions: Raybro
Little update... I just called Dronefly and was told they have confirmed they will get Gimbals in next week, and as long as the numbers hold true for what they are getting in. They should be shipping mine out. Hard for me to get my hopes up at this point. I think I've heard "next week" for 3 weeks now.

Been waiting so long and been told so many things it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm sure the dealers are being told the same thing.

Called them this afternoon - they said the gimbals should be in their hands this week. At least they're consistent...

Coulda......shoulda......woulda...
Another week and no gimbal.
Shoulda ordered from 3DR.

Little update... I just called Dronefly and was told they have confirmed they will get Gimbals in next week, and as long as the numbers hold true for what they are getting in. They should be shipping mine out. Hard for me to get my hopes up at this point. I think I've heard "next week" for 3 weeks now.

They told me this two weeks ago before I left for Italy. I figured by the time I got back, my in-laws would have signed for my package. F*cked up part of it is, when I go to check my order status I have to choose the; orders placed 6 months ago, option.

Being nice while you're lying to someone doesn't make things any better.

Reactions: Engine24blue
DodgeP, at least you can actually see your order. I had trouble paying with a credit card, some problem with my bank. So they sent me an invoice via Paypal and I sent them payment that way! I have no order thru their website. At least when I call they always find it on their end lol! Every time my email dings this week I get excited, hoping it's my shipping notification....

DodgeP, at least you can actually see your order. I had trouble paying with a credit card, some problem with my bank. So they sent me an invoice via Paypal and I sent them payment that way! I have no order thru their website. At least when I call they always find it on their end lol! Every time my email dings this week I get excited, hoping it's my shipping notification....

I have no disdain for DroneFly however; they charged my CC the minute I placed my order which was weeks before I even had the bird. Matter of fact, I got my bird and extra battery from BB in Boston and canceled my bird order with DroneFly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to Dronefly a few minutes ago. They received a large shipment (in the hundreds, I was told) yesterday and have been hammering through all of the orders. He said based on my order date (6/11) he was "almost certain" I'd be in this group. He said to expect mine early next week at the latest. He also said he would call me tomorrow with an update. He did say that some of the information coming from 3DR didn't pan out, but that he is the retailer and it is ultimately his fault. He apologized profusely and thanked me for my patience.

When I called to cancel my order I was told that they actually received the gimbals on Monday and was beginning to process the orders. I told them that it's unfortunate that they didn't communicate with me to update me since they've been sitting on them for two days because as I was contacting them, I had a gimbal in my hand already.

They thanked me and refunded my CC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo