Orbit does NOT work with firmware 2.0.0 On android

Reaction score
Just updated to version 2.0.0 of firmware on android and did some tests.
Orbit does not work. it allows you to set centre position by pressing the A button and then the solo app starts making funny noises and won't let you start the orbit?

redid compass and level calibration after update as per usual and checked all my settings.
system info:
App 1.3.1
Solo 2.0.0
Autopilot 1.2.21
Gimbal 1.3.1
Controller 2.0.0
Controller firmware 1.2.7

Any ideas anyone

It would be worth someone checking on iOS as well to see if the issue is the app or the Solo firmware update.

also I do not see any of the new features like multi point cable in the app which the upgrade eluded to?

any ideaas

also I do not see any of the new features like multi point cable in the app which the upgrade eluded to?

any ideaas
The new cablecam replaces the old one so has the same icon, just press A repeatedly to set more than one waypoint.

Orbit does not work. it allows you to set centre position by pressing the A button and then the solo app starts making funny noises and won't let you start the orbit?

redid compass and level calibration after update as per usual and checked all my settings.
system info:
App 1.3.1
Solo 2.0.0
Autopilot 1.2.21
Gimbal 1.3.1
Controller 2.0.0

Any ideas anyone

I believe your app needs to be 2.0.0 as well

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Current iOS versions:
App-1.3.1
Solo- 2.0.0
Autopilot- 1.2.21
Controller- 2.0.0
Controller firmware- 1.2.7

Android:
App- 2.0.0
Solo- 2.0.0
Gimbal- 1.2.0
Autopilot- 1.2.21
Controller- 2.0.0
Controller firmware- 1.2.7.

Last edited:
that would indicate to me, that only the hardware update has been pushed on IOS not the app

Well i can see the app on google Play but it says my Solo App is the current version. should I uninstall the app and reinstall as it does not update to Version 2.0.0 even though the firmware is updated

for all the goodies to work you are going to need to update solo app, and 3dr services.
Mine was listed as an available update when I went to the play store

Current iOS versions:
App-1.3.1
Solo- 2.0.0
Autopilot- 1.2.21
Controller- 2.0.0
Controller firmware- 1.2.7

Android:
App- 2.0.0
Solo- 2.0.0
Gimbal- 1.2.0
Autopilot- 1.2.21
Controller- 2.0.0
Controller firmware- 1.2.7.
Android gimbal update is version 1.3.1

system info:
App 1.3.1
Solo 2.0.0
Autopilot 1.2.21
Gimbal 1.3.1
Controller 2.0.0

Any ideas anyone

Hi there. Solo app is 2.0.0 -- if you have the old revision number, it should have an "update" indicator when you open it (with your Internet access working at least). Then it updates, WITHIN THE APP, to 2.0.0.

That happened after I updated the Solo app from the Play Store. Maybe just uninstall the old version and re-install it, then you should get prompted.

I can't wait to try the new version. Saving and loading is the biggest thing ever IMO. Multipoint is super awesome, and saving/reloading makes it 3x as awesome!!

Shoot, tune, shoot, tune.... save, roll action, and shoot! beaut.

Android gimbal update is version 1.3.1
I don't have my gimbal installed now as my GoPro is on the fritz. Sent it back to GoPro for repair/replacement under warranty but the turnaround time is 3 weeks after they receive it.:eek:
Puts me on the bench for a month.:(

Reactions: Lance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea