Opensolo Compas reading/display?

Reaction score
I have two questions:

First question is:

1. is there an easy way with Opensolo and Solex on an android device to display/view the actual magnetometer/Compass heading?
This would be very handy for me for something I am doing.

2. is there ANY easy way to get MORE or other or alternate /diagnostic data to display on the actual controller? such as heading, Compass heating etc?

I'll explain more later but here's a hint of what I'm playing around with.
Two test flights yesterday went flawlessly and having other 2.4Ghz radio on board did not have any impact on the range of the Solo's built in wifi system.
My gear operates just below the 'public' wifi band on Ham radio designated frequencies.

Attachments

• solo-node1.jpg
    solo-node1.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 26
I'm guessing that maybe I need to use mission planner/control or other software on a laptop to see this maybe.. :)

It would be awesome if I could access/see more data on the controller itself even it it were text to look through.

I expect there is, but it would require altering some python and then custom compiling and writing to the microSD card. Or maybe you could output it instead of another value. Distance from home maybe?

I think I can just run mission planner on a small windows tablet or laptop and it will show.
It would be cool to have more info accessible on the controller.
But no big deal if I can just do it with mission planner.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
I ended up just running QGroundcontrol on a phone.
It has a compass heading display and I was able to aim the directional antenna toward known targets this way.
It would be cool if more could be displayed on the silly Solo controller but so be it.
Easy enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela