Opensolo 4 dev controller issue

Reaction score
Hi all

installed open solo 4 dev on both copter and controller, did the normal reboots and paired etc, but I'm still showing controller f/w opensolo v3.0.0 ?

Tried reloading twice same thing.

Anyone have the same?

Best

Mine says the same controller 3.0 flew 5 batteries today was flawless running 4.0 dev

A few people on facebook have had that happen where the Artoo STM32 doesn't get the update ("Controller F/W:"). I'm doing some troubleshooting to see if I can figure out why.

Definitely a bug in the installer. I replicated it when going from 3 to 4 on my controller. It updated the controller but not the STM32 hardware. I'll get it fixed. In the meantime, it doesn't matter. There were no important changes in the Artoo STM32 that you're missing so it is fine to fly.

Definitely a bug in the installer. I replicated it when going from 3 to 4 on my controller. It updated the controller but not the STM32 hardware. I'll get it fixed. In the meantime, it doesn't matter. There were no important changes in the Artoo STM32 that you're missing so it is fine to fly.

Great, I did fly it today and it worked great. Thanks for all the effort and time you put into this all the other items!

Best

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
Great work Matt flew 5 battery mods today 4.0 gives great battery warnings and flies great tried reinstalling controller firmware 4 more times tonight still 3.0 on controller I will wait to u get it sorted before I reinstall again

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
hi!) i have a back problem .. i wanted to return the firmware from open solo 4 to 3. When installing the firmware the copter (after the controller) something went wrong and everything froze. I waited hard, did not reboot, probably an entire hour ..!) In the end, everything turned off. As a result, the controller returned to Opening Solo 3 and the Copter remained 4.
I tried unsuccessfully to complete the installation of the copter.
I finally tried the upgrade through the Solo app. And I could do it .Solo and controller have restored the firmware 2.4.2.
But the autopilot version remained a copter 4. And, surprisingly, the lights went out and the ESC became very hot!
I didn't start the motors.
where can i find it solo copter 1.3.1 ?

It's available in the open solo github under releases. What you're doing is not recommended and you're seeing why. It's also not likely to fix your battery issue.

Reactions: DocBr
It's available in the open solo github under releases. What you're doing is not recommended and you're seeing why. It's also not likely to fix your battery issue.
and can i at this stage try again to upgrade to OpenSolo 3 ..?
i unplugged all the wires to the ESC

I don't know what state the copter and controller are currently in based your descriptions, so I don't know if you can proceed with the update or not.

I don't know what state the copter and controller are currently in based your descriptions, so I don't know if you can proceed with the update or not.
and I'm not even sure what state the copter is .. Solo and remote are paired. Firmware for both 2.4.2. Autopilot Arducopter 4 dev. No indication of the Bat voltage. I connected the Mission Planner, it shows the same thing - copter 4. I even took out the motherboard .. to connect to the cube ..
in a few days I will find time to return to Solo.
Thank you so far ..)

Well like I said, it's probably the little white and green wire going to the battery connector. that's the data connection, and if one or both are loose, you will get that -1 battery value.

The assets in the 2.4.2 release on the github site has the ArduCopter 1.3.1 firmware which you can load the usual way. But first, hold the SSWT button under the gimbal while powering on the battery. You need to do that when downgrading from the newer version of ArduCopter because the IOMCU gets stuck. That might be your only problem now. You can also load using the load custom firmware option with Mission Planner connected by USB.

Reactions: DocBr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000