opensolo 4 DEV controller install Failure

Reaction score
IMG_3595[1].JPG some body please help i'am trying to install open solo 4-dev on the controller but the install icon will not press or light up.
and the bad part is i have installed 4_DEV on the copter and that went ok but the icon light for the controller icon will not press or light up. if there is no fix how do i put my solo back to opensolo 3.0

Last edited:
Have you tried to pair your Solo and Controller first so that Solex will recognize it as a Solo?

You've made 6 posts about this in three different threads just this evening. Great way to confuse things even more.

Anyway, Jim is probably correct. If the controller is not paired or not communicating with the copter, then Solex doesn't know if it is compatible. Is the controller paired and connected, showing a connection with the usual stuff on the screen? Does Solex say it is connected and the vehicle type is Solo?

sorry for the confusion ok i was doing the open solo 4-dev update everything was paired the bird took the update then as in the pic the icon for the install button is not lit i can connect to the controller with tablet but it will not update to 4-dev still 3.0 the bird has 4-dev on it . tablet has v1.9.3
i followed the github instructions the bird is ok has 4-dev waiting to pair with controller but the controller ...
or the cancel icon works but the install icon no

Last edited:
This is what happens when instructions are ignored. Can you answer the questions I asked?

no now the controller is not paired or communicating with the bird

bird opensolo 4-dev
controller opensolo 3.0 can they still pair ?

• DO NOT REBOOT THE COPTER YET! You must do the install for both the copter and controller before rebooting anything. Once Solex tells you the install is complete, leave the copter and move on to the controller install.
  1. Install Controller Package: From the firmware updates menu in Solex, tap one of the Open Solo 4-dev Clean Install (Controller)package that you previously downloaded.
    • Press install. Press install again when prompted again to confirm. This is your last chance to change your mind.
the install icon was not lit this is the problem

That part of the instructions that says several times not to reboot until both packages are installed.... this is why.

Yes you can still pair them. The controller will probably give you some message about versions not matching or needing to update, which is fine. They will pair. Then Solex will be able to see the copter and know the package is compatible.

can i get a link to revert back to open solo 3.0 i know i will have to take out the sd card

Had the same problem today I did a clean up and refresh on solex updates and re downloaded and did controller install first then copter install worked for me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK, now understand what you've done so far. What you were saying before was really vague, but this explains a lot more. Based on your description of what you did, I think the IOMCU is probably hung up. Remove the gimbal. There is a button labeled SSWT. Hold that button down while powering up the Solo. That will force the IOMCU to reload on powering up. You will hear some funky beeps and bonks, and the lights should go back to normal. It may or may not still be paired with the controller from before. If it doesn't reconnect to the controller automatically, just do the pairing procedure.

Once the controller and Solo are talking to each other again, Solex will recognize it and the installer will function again.

Reactions: fvincent
Assuming this is what's going on, and that it could happen to someone else, I changed the instructions to put the controller first. That way if it gets hung up, at least all the files have been copied and resetting the IOMCU will completely complete the completion.

ok just got home took of the gimbal pressed the sswt button and still green lights ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421