Open solo upgrade

Reaction score
Iam new to solo, about 3 weeks now and ive been told the open upgrade needs to be done. I found the instructions, downloaded the RC2 update and im stuck there. Im a total idiot when it comes to this stuff. Im surprised i got this far, I can turn a screw driver but i can barely turn on a computer or a phone. I need someone to explain in lamens terms how to do this, and pictures wouldnt hurt either lol

Iam new to solo, about 3 weeks now and ive been told the open upgrade needs to be done. I found the instructions, downloaded the RC2 update and im stuck there. Im a total idiot when it comes to this stuff. Im surprised i got this far, I can turn a screw driver but i can barely turn on a computer or a phone. I need someone to explain in lamens terms how to do this, and pictures wouldnt hurt either lol
I do have the solex app

The open solo upgrade is a good idea, whether or not it "needs" to be done is another thing. If you're flying ok with the stock solo software, you should stay flying with it. You do NOT want to mess up your bird trying to update software if you don't know what you're doing. Get to know your solo, get flying with it, in 3 months time if you want to upgrade to open solo and a green cube, then go for it. Patience is a virtue.

I'd honestly recommend a link to the youtube video too. The reason for this is that it shows how long the upgrade takes and what NOT to do while it's happening (pressing buttons, trying to reset, buying a box of cereal...). I think the easiest place to screw up the entire process is just by not waiting long enough for the install to do it's thing.

By the way, have to ask. What's next? What's up and coming in the world of Open Solo?

Reactions: Mala Suerte
I don't hand out the video link, or put the link in the instructions, because it is outdated now. The steps in the video are different now.

Was it not just outdated in terms of the versions mentioned/instructed to download in Solex? Sounds like a great excuse to do a badly dubbed video edit.

Nope. It's the rebooting and what to look for. Which is actually exactly what you suggest that people mess up the most, and that's correct.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I second that. Even if it's outdated, it's still useful in letting people know that they should WAIT..... I mean, tell someone to wait 10 minutes and I promise you, 120 seconds in and they are pressing every button they can find, disconnecting the power, performing a factory reset.............. patience is a virtue...... also having a stop watch or a video that teaches you about timing is also very helpful.

;)

Reactions: GSSP901

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc