Open solo/ SidePilot

Reaction score
So I just switched from android to iPhone X. Can I use sidepilot to install open solo? Or is there a better app? Seeing on here that support may not be great for side pilot. Also can’t download manual from their site

So I just switched from android to iPhone X. Can I use sidepilot to install open solo? Or is there a better app? Seeing on here that support may not be great for side pilot. Also can’t download manual from their site
There is a video "HERE". It's a bit out of date regarding which version of Open Solo you'll be installing, but the basic instructions will remain the same regarding loading open solo using side pilot..

Reactions: Lennyc
Thank you
Just a heads up. I was using SidePilot on my iPhone 8 and I was having all sorts of issues. One being the severe lag in video feed and also rssi not working still even after latest app update. Rssi works sometimes but not very well. I also had a disconnection issue while flying and the solo never did reconnect! This caused an accident because the solo did do a rtH landing but since the app didn’t reconnect and for whatever reason I didn’t have any control the solo slammed into a tree partly because I didn’t have a good return home position set when I took off. I was in a wooded area. I’ve since stopped using SidePilot app and went over to solex and even tower app. I’ve contacted dev a few times and he did somewhat fix the rssi but there are way more issues with this app and he’s stopped responding to my emails.
Good luck. Just wanted to give a heads up and let you no to be very careful using this app. It’s not stable at all.

I agree, sidepilot app. Has terrible support! Just nonexistent. I have the old solo app still on my samsung s7 edge. just wondering it will still fly with it. I just recently unbricked my solo back to stock by flashing the black cube and reformatting sd card. Currently working on the controller. To revert back to 2.4.2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela