Open Solo installed

Reaction score
I know I'm not an experienced drone pilot with about 10 minutes flying experience the Solo. However, I went ahead and installed the Open Solo. I hope I'm not putting myself at risk. Lol

I'm guessing there would not be huge noticeable differences in flying the drone, right?

What features you guys liked most about Open Solo? Is it much better than stock?

I also read that some features have to be set through a coding-like procedure. I'm no software programmer so how do you go about changing those parameters?

Big thing you will notice is that some of the buttons on the controller have three functions. Stock cube I assume. I think it flies a little better but I also use only Master Airscrew props now. They make a difference. The landing detection is better also. Still a good idea to land in manual though.

Last edited:
Open Solo is the future. I can only speak for myself, but I am more inclined to help/support someone on Open Solo.

Reactions: AlienPanda
I've had my Solo for about a year now. Not a racing drone, but it will get through the gates. However, I have not been able to get control of the Hero 4 camera from my smart phone or tablet. I figured out how to hook up my FatShark goggles for FPV, now. But have to manually start and stop recording when Solo is landed; a PITA. cannot take still shots. wish someone could send me a link to a Hero 4 program, or Open Solo, so I can see altitude, speed, etc. in display, and operate camera too. I have spent MANY hours trying to figure this out and at Earth's end on it.

I have a 3+ black. I turn my tablet on first then controler then Solo. After Solo is booted I look to see the red light on GoPro is lit. Press the start/stop on GoPro. Red light goes out. Green light on back of camera blinks slowley. Turning camera off sounds wrong, but It gets its power from Solo. I hope this helps.

Installed open solo, works great but the follow me function won't work...gps doesn't connect to phone.

So far I am enjoying the new open solo update. Even with the minor problems I encountered (broke a connector) pulling the sd cards to manually install it (so be very careful if that's the Install method . I noticed considerably difference in performance as far as stability and especially in landing. I'm not sure if you've got to experience your solo touch ground get "confused" then try to take off again only to crash itself, but I have. I'm very impressed that is fixed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421