Open Solo 2.5-RC1

Reaction score
What are the improvements of this update (Open Solo 2.5-RC1) on the Stock 3DR Solo?

Just made the switch yesterday using SidePilot app on an iPhone 7. The process was SO MUCH simpler than doing the old factory reset.

Level and compass calibration and She 's up and flying . So far SO GOOD!

Thanks to all who made this possible!

Reactions: pyrate and XevetS
So I installed the OpenSolo last night, but How I can verify that the bird has the firmware. I can see it on the remote but no in the actual quad.

Just loaded Open Solo on my latest Solo and got everything calibrated and all looks good. Just a question I must ask. Is there anyway of changing Ch6, the gimbal paddle, too increase the Max PWM. I believe the min and max is 1000 - 1520 IIRC. I'm thinking of adding a Fergelli linear servo to my Sony 5100 Solo and having a little more throw in the servo would help. This would allow me to angle the camera to some degree. Not looking for 90 degrees and actually the stock PWM setup might work. Nice work!!

That limit is imposed by some python code in rcManager.py, I believe. Locate that, increase to your desired limit, install on Solo. Make sure you comment the changes you made so you can back them out if needed.

That unfortunately won't get you what you need. DSM CH6 out of the controller is limited, long before it ever gets up to the IMX on the solo. The range goes from 1000 to 1520. So no other values will ever make it to the rcManager.py to make use of anyway.

That unfortunately won't get you what you need. DSM CH6 out of the controller is limited, long before it ever gets up to the IMX on the solo. The range goes from 1000 to 1520. So no other values will ever make it to the rcManager.py to make use of anyway.
Thanks for your input. just trying to figure out someway to be able to adjust pitch on my camera to some extent.

Hi just seen your video on downloading open solo on the solo from a YouTube video and i had success. I Have a question i noticed autopilot on mines says 1.5.3 and I seen yours was 3.5.2 so im guessing its because you have green cube. Just wanted to make sure im ok with 1.5.3?

Just bought solex... I'm must be blind... where do I find the firmware upgrade tool/menu within Solex?

Thanks....I had to restart solex after clicking advanced mode to get it to show... Will be upgrading shortly

No problem. Don’t forget to check out the controller upon booting. Has shortcuts on the buttons and its cool how now the controller says open solo.

Thanks....I had to restart solex after clicking advanced mode to get it to show... Will be upgrading shortly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc