One motor not spinning

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a strange issue and I cant seem to find much documentation on this. The solo boots up fine and everything connects however wher i go to start the motors all but one begin spinning. I tried testing my fate and flying and it just flipped over.

My question is, if the solo fully boots and will get that far wouldnt that mean there is no problem with the engine? Has anyone experienced this?

Try swapping it with the other good motor of the same kind (cw/ccw) and see if it spins up in that spot. If it does, the problem is internal. If it doesn't, the motor is bad and needs to be replaced. Under warranty still? Have you made a support ticket or tried to chat them?

Thanks for the suggestion Pdx, I swapped the two cw motors and now all four start up when i initiate the engines. So, I don't know if it was a loose connector or what, but reinstalling them both seems to have solved the issue for now. I'm going to order an extra cw and ccw just to have them in my bag to be safe though, in case this was a sign of weirdness to come.

I'm glad it worked and that's a really good idea to have a few spare pods/props. It sucks having to wait for them when you need them.

Hi guys, I'm having similar issue to OP. This would have been its first flight. I didn't try to launch though. Once I noticed 1 wasn't arming, I cancelled the flight. Assuming it's in warranty, will opening the shell to check connections void the warranty?

I have had the same problem, I crashed and it broke the solder connection on the positive side. re soldered it and worked just fine...

Hi guys, I'm having similar issue to OP. This would have been its first flight. I didn't try to launch though. Once I noticed 1 wasn't arming, I cancelled the flight. Assuming it's in warranty, will opening the shell to check connections void the warranty?

Opening it should not void the warranty. There is no way for them to know you opened it unless you tell them you did.

Reactions: XeroPhane

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo