Old New Guy from Nebraska

Reaction score
Hi all...I finally pulled the trigger on a Solo after talking to a friend that has one. Initially, I was hesitant due to 3DR walking away from drones, but for all the features you get at the price you pay for them now, and the "aftermarket" support, I decided to take the plunge. I've had my Solo for a couple of weeks, but due to work, parts and upgrades that I ordered for it, etc., I have yet to try to fly it. I did upgrade the Rev A GPS to a Rev B, along with the later shield...wanted to do that one before I even tried to fly it. As I'm probably older than a lot of you, I hope you'll bear with an old guy, who might ask some stupid questions from time to time. One that is plaguing me right now is using the Solo App with my iPhone X. I know that there are some issues with using the app and iOS 11.X, which I'm finding some workarounds for. The one thing I haven't found is...how do you escape from the Solo App on an iPhone without having to reboot the phone? I can't find any exit button, etc., for the life of me. I'm hoping someone here has an answer. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group!

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I HOPE YOU FIND THE ANSWERS YOU NEED AS I DON'T USE AN IPHONE. I HOPE YOU CAN READ THIS...
Yes, I'm a smart ass.... but seriously, welcome to the forums and hope you find them as helpful as I have. Good job on the GPS upgrade and shielding, two very worthwhile upgrades from the Rev A bird.

Reactions: litespd
Welcome!! Let's not compare notes on who's the oldest - my 98 year old mother says "The only old people are the ones older than you..."

For my money dump the Solo AP - get an Android tablet - and load Solex.

KenMc is correct with his advice also- Have the iphoneX and picked up an android tablet and use Solex- it’s awesome.

Yup- if your mom could use Solo to pick up groceries without leaving the house- she’d be all good with it!!

I'm young enough to do what I want, I'm also old enough to know better....

I'm sure you're all a grand age and I for one would never call any of you old... or make the following jokes...

You're so old, your high school portrait is a painting on a cave wall.
You're so old, your first book... was the first book...
You're so old, that your favorite pastime was growing legs, breathing air and crawling out of the ocean.
You're so old, your favorite invention was Fire!

I got more.......... but now it's nap time.... I get cranky if I don't have my nap..

Reactions: litespd and KenMc
Hey ltspeed i'll try to help you tomorrow ... sorry this turned into others' screwing off academy. I just read this, yeah jokes are funny guys, but he was asking a legit question. gdnite

Litespd: Ignore the "old geezer" references and jokes. I too am "older than dirt" I just keep celebrating anniversaries of my 39th birthday. Got my solo(s), yes plural, after my sons got their DJI birds. it looked like fun. I agree on the GPS upgrades you did AND getting an android tablet. Solex is a lot nicer than the solo app and for my "old" eyes, the tablet is way easier to see.
Welcome and enjoy flying and some hard landings (code for crashes).

Hi all...I finally pulled the trigger on a Solo after talking to a friend that has one. Initially, I was hesitant due to 3DR walking away from drones, but for all the features you get at the price you pay for them now, and the "aftermarket" support, I decided to take the plunge. I've had my Solo for a couple of weeks, but due to work, parts and upgrades that I ordered for it, etc., I have yet to try to fly it. I did upgrade the Rev A GPS to a Rev B, along with the later shield...wanted to do that one before I even tried to fly it. As I'm probably older than a lot of you, I hope you'll bear with an old guy, who might ask some stupid questions from time to time. One that is plaguing me right now is using the Solo App with my iPhone X. I know that there are some issues with using the app and iOS 11.X, which I'm finding some workarounds for. The one thing I haven't found is...how do you escape from the Solo App on an iPhone without having to reboot the phone? I can't find any exit button, etc., for the life of me. I'm hoping someone here has an answer. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group!
Welcome- I just saw this post. Can you exit the app just like any other app, like pushing the “home” button? Not sure if iPhone X has one anymore or if that will work.
Let us know if you found the answer. If not, let us know so we can actually try to help you.:)

Welcome- I just saw this post. Can you exit the app just like any other app, like pushing the “home” button? Not sure if iPhone X has one anymore or if that will work.
Let us know if you found the answer. If not, let us know so we can actually try to help you.:)

Hi Maddog...no, that's the problem. Once you're in the Solo App, you can't close it. The iPhone X doesn't have a home button anymore...you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to close an app, but for some reason, the Solo App won't close that way. All I've been able to do is reboot the phone to get out of the app.

@litespd, on the older iPhones you can “double-click” the home button which shows you all the recently opened apps. You can swipe up on them to get rid of them.
Can the X do anything like that that?

I believe 3DR still has email tech support- have you tried that?

Hello im new to this solo 3dr my problem is i cant factory reset my wifi i tried to follow steps next step was to pull solo apart pull the sd card out can i formate the card any ideas please

Hello im new to this solo 3dr my problem is i cant factory reset my wifi i tried to follow steps next step was to pull solo apart pull the sd card out can i formate the card any ideas please
So are you saying that you can't reset your wifi, or your can't follow the steps to factory reset your drones? I only ask because if you can't follow the steps to performing a factory reset, then I really don't recommend you take your drone apart and pull out the SD card...

Why don't you give a more detailed description of the issue including what the actual issue is, how it's presenting itself, what steps you have taken to reset the wifi and what issues are occurring afterwards. That will give everyone a good idea of what they are working with and we should be able to help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela