OK.... who's named their drone....

Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't ask this sooner, after all, I was surprised on my first visit to the states to find that people had named their cars (something I hadn't witnessed at all in Ireland). Now since I've moved here (legally thank you very much!) I admit, I've named my vehicles.............. and my drones (but ya know, just for identification purposes). So come on, own up, who's named their drone(s) and what have you called them (for bonus points, you can also say why!)

One of my Tarot 680's is "brother buzz" named after the main character in one of the first environmental shows for children in the 1950's. Brother Buzz was a bumblebee marionette.

Another Tarot 650 is "Red Peril" named after a racing caterpiller in Walter D. Edmonds short story the Death of Red Peril.

You asked!

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I have Han Solo, Long Ranger Solo, and the RAPTeR... and I'm gonna stop there lest I appear any more deranged than I already do.

Lucy, Loki and Lilith truth be told. And yes, I have them color coded with props and feet.... One day I'll give them a nice paint job too.

Archaeopteryx, Wally, Wilma, Icarus and Buster. I have a backup solo that remains un-named.
(Icarus is a Phantom 3 that started out as Archaeopterxy but crashed bad with loss of camera and significant repairs so reborn with his name as a warning)

Mario, Luigi and Woodstock. Mario and Luigi were bought new and are banded with red and green electrical tape (respectively). They are my "commercial" company-owned drones. Woodstock is an open box special, is banded with yellow electrical tape and its my personal "trainer" drone. I let others fly it. Unlike the cartoon character Woodstock, mine does fly very well, and has been a good open box deal. All have their own lanyards each with their characters on them. Backpacks, controllers and birds are all labeled. Each has its own quirks however..No two fly exactly alike!

My first Solo I named "Phoenix" after I had a bad crash (my bad) where the rear left leg broke right off. I took it apart, fixed the broken wire to that leg and literally bolted it back together to fly for a long time. Out of the proverbial flames, it rose again to fly and be in service for a long time thereafter. Solos 2 and 3 are as yet unnamed. Come to think of it, since I bought # 3 from a guy on this forum, from now on I'm going to simply call it - - wait for it --, "just Bruce". Number 2 shall be henceforth called "just Solo".

Don't know why I didn't ask this sooner, after all, I was surprised on my first visit to the states to find that people had named their cars (something I hadn't witnessed at all in Ireland). Now since I've moved here (legally thank you very much!) I admit, I've named my vehicles.............. and my drones (but ya know, just for identification purposes). So come on, own up, who's named their drone(s) and what have you called them (for bonus points, you can also say why!)
Odin.... God of the skies and because he hath absolute power over me at the moment [emoji12]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc