Nut on the tablet mount splitting

Reaction score
As the title suggests the large plastic nut on the back of the tablet mount is splitting, I have glued it to try and prevent further damage but suspect it may go at some point. Anyone else had this happen and is there any replacements for this plastic nut?

Cheers Bill

As the title suggests the large plastic nut on the back of the tablet mount is splitting, I have glued it to try and prevent further damage but suspect it may go at some point. Anyone else had this happen and is there any replacements for this plastic nut?

Cheers Bill
Just grab another nut with the same thread pattern at Lowes

Thanks guys for the replies, I am in the UK so no Lowes or Homedepot unfortunately :) I really wouldn't like to put a steel nut on the plastic threads though maybe I will see if I can source a new bracket some where in the UK or Europe as buying from the USA for delivery here in England is a nightmare with our crazy custom's idiot's!!! Thought maybe some one may have a 3d printed stl file for it. Anyway for now I have epoxied it and it seems to be holding.

Cheers and Beers Bill

Bill, I had the same problem- no matter how tight that nut was it was not enough, so it cracked. I got a hinge from a hardware store and did this:

View media item 324View media item 325View media item 326View media item 327
The upper part of the hinge is held in place with 3M VHB tape- it sticks like iron but is removable. I got it on Amazon but you might find it somewhere else. Or you may find another type of tape that works just as well.

Thanks maddog a nice mod there and ideal for the task. Yes yours did the same as mine and not really going tight enough and of course a lot of pressure cracked the nut. Think I will run along with your idea as steel is a better bet.

Cheers Bill

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle