Not Relishing the New Leg Extenders

Reaction score
I recently received a package of four leg extenders from Relish. I broke one trying to push it onto one of the legs. The green part snapped right at the knuckle. The guys at Relish are sending me two replacements, but I still felt a modification was necessary. I looked closer at the design and thought the slot was causing the trouble. By clearing out that little slot with a Japanese saw and some sandpaper, it created a MUCH easier install! The legs all went on perfectly without all that pushing!
Maybe Relish will consider cleaning out that slot for all future extenders. And why not?
Photo #109 is how far the extender went on without severe pushing before clearing the slot. Photo #0115 is how they should go on. This was AFTER the slot was cleared.

I've just been told by the Relish guys and gals that they will be implementing my design change. So there you go! Good people, good product. Meanwhile for those who have already purchased your extensions, this solution is pretty simple!

Attachments

• IMG_0109_no_open_slot.jpg
    IMG_0109_no_open_slot.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0114_open_slot.jpg
    IMG_0114_open_slot.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0115_perfectfit.jpg
    IMG_0115_perfectfit.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0102_slotprocess.jpg
    IMG_0102_slotprocess.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The Relish guy seems good at sorting stuff one when there are issues.

Glad to see they aren't above changing things for the better if someone mentions it. Good sign for a company, actually the pin where they pivot was my concern when I bought extenders around the time these came ou, I thought they looked like they may break easily. Luckily I found another set cheap that do the trick from another member here, then 3dr sent theirs which could be a bit longer honestly. Relishes set does look a bit nicer though, maybe I'll give em a go after seeing they stand behind and try to improve their products. Thanks for posting

I recently received a package of four leg extenders from Relish. I broke one trying to push it onto one of the legs. The green part snapped right at the knuckle. The guys at Relish are sending me two replacements, but I still felt a modification was necessary. I looked closer at the design and thought the slot was causing the trouble. By clearing out that little slot with a Japanese saw and some sandpaper, it created a MUCH easier install! The legs all went on perfectly without all that pushing!
Maybe Relish will consider cleaning out that slot for all future extenders. And why not?
Photo #109 is how far the extender went on without severe pushing before clearing the slot. Photo #0115 is how they should go on. This was AFTER the slot was cleared.

I've just been told by the Relish guys and gals that they will be implementing my design change. So there you go! Good people, good product. Meanwhile for those who have already purchased your extensions, this solution is pretty simple!
Good job John- thanks for sharing! You get 1 gold star!

Glad to see they aren't above changing things for the better if someone mentions it. Good sign for a company, actually the pin where they pivot was my concern when I bought extenders around the time these came ou, I thought they looked like they may break easily. Luckily I found another set cheap that do the trick from another member here, then 3dr sent theirs which could be a bit longer honestly. Relishes set does look a bit nicer though, maybe I'll give em a go after seeing they stand behind and try to improve their products. Thanks for posting
I bought the original folders right after they came out. Still working fine. The new ones look slightly different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea