Not all "Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" are the same (or Compatible)

Reaction score
Website
www.aerialwhidbey.com
Some sources claim that a "Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" is also known as SM-T320, or 321, or 325. I happen to own an SM-T320.

Unfortunately the SM-T320 model does not appear to be compatible with using the stable version of 3DR Services. I could not find any version of 3DR Services to install from the Play Store except 1.6.0 beta 2 "for phones". This was also true for my Nexus 10, which was (until recently) working very well with Tower to run survey missions. Anybody have related info to share? I'm now looking for another tablet after talking with 3DR Tech Support.

Reactions: f2point8
Ah... I just discovered that I have been having similar problems that others have reported in this thread. I did not realize that the last time I uninstalled and reinstalled "3DR Services" on my Nexus 10, that the new install was actually a beta version. Says so in the Know More, but not in the header content. Glad I didn't rush out to buy a new tablet.

As someone said on here before - "aren't we all really beta testers"? ;)

But did you download and install 1.5.3 from that link and install it? I did, but forgot to take the system off of automatic update and it pushed the 1.6.0 beta 2 to me again, two days later. I have now saved 1.5.3 .apk on my SD card, to have and to hold in case I need it again, until all this betaware passes.

At least the Solo App beta installs as a separate instance so a working App can remain.

Yes I did download 1.5.3 and install it. As far as I can tell, everything that I need to do with Solo and Tower is now working again.

Thanks for the tip about stopping the automatic update. On a related topic, too often I've found myself waiting 20 minutes in the field after booting up my Nexus tablet, waiting for all the Android updates to complete. Has also happened with my Win10 laptop when running MP. Really not cool when (a) there could be bugs, and (b) there is work to be done soon.

More things to check before departing for a location. And I now know that I must store a copy of each key software component that currently works together, so that I have the possibility of returning the whole system to a known, useful state. The automatic software pushes are a real concern when putting pounds with blades in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl