Northern CA Coastline

Reaction score
Website
xperiencevisuals.com
Some quick test shots I threw together from the other day. Still getting the hang of this thing. Pretty impressed with the gimbal thus far. Though I do get a slight shudder occasionally. Anyone experience/remedy this yet?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice. One word of caution - be careful around wildlife. Stay far enough away that they don't have to fly off from fear.

Very nice. One word of caution - be careful around wildlife. Stay far enough away that they don't have to fly off from fear.

^This!

Today I headed off to a local coastal village with a plan to fly a few feet above a river estuary, pan up to do the 'Reveal' then gain altitude and pan round to look at the golf course and the village behind.
Planned it all on Google Maps.

Sun came out after hiding behind clouds all morning (which is a rarity in the NE of Scotland), wind was nearly non existent, water was near enough still.
No dog walkers or people out near where I was going to fly.

Everything was perfect until I arrived onsite and there were hundreds of Gulls just sitting about in the water and on an island nearby.

So on one hand everything was pointing to what would have been a great video but on the other the local wildlife - which I didn't account for were all resting in my flight path.

Looked at other approaches from my original plan but just too much risk of startling the seagulls or even have them try to attack the drone so unfortunately, that site has been abandoned until another day.

To give you an idea of how large and terrifying Aberdeen Seagulls are:

aberdeenseagull-660x496.jpg

Seagull-in-box.jpg

Our most famous seagull - walks into a shop and steals a bag of crisps (Potato chips to you guys in the US):

Reactions: Chuck
Our most famous seagull - walks into a shop and steals a bag of crisps (Potato chips to you guys in the US):

That is hilarious, Mate. By the way Doritos are made from Corn not Potatoes. :)

Either way, it was funny to watch. A positive shout out to Pie for putting off his planned flight in deference to the wildlife in the area. Good move, my friend!

Those gulls are brazen - we spent about 5 years there (my brother was born in Aberdeen), and I remember having my sandwich stolen out of my hands when we went to the beach. They also attacked us when we tried to have lunch at Dunotter Castle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea