North Carolina Drone Noobie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am sure there are tons of new members with the best buy deals going on. I am new to drones and Ijust saw this one on sale with extras so I picked up one. The same night I ended up wrecking it and it had about a 30 foot drop. So I have already bought two more so that I have spares. My first solo already has a motor that wont work so the drone can't even start up.

For my second drone I tried using the selfie mode and the drone flew about 60 feet backwards straight into a tree, 15 foot drop this time and again 4 more broken propellers. The battery popped out as wlel as the cover next to the battery. This drone still flies so I am happy. I dont consider this crash my fault since the guide said provide 25 meters of space, I may try to exchange it at best buy

I had an old go pro Hero 3+ Silver and it looks like it works with the drone. I did have a problem because Go Pro updated the firmware to 3.xx and I updated to that and it stopped giving me a live view in my gimbal and would just restart the go pro continuously. I was able to downgrade it after finding instructions here.

Anyways thats my experience so far. I am pretty much a noob so if anyone has tips or some forum guides I should read first that would be great. I think I want to learn about plotting out automatic routes first if that makes sense.

Welcome, Gurlnextdoor. I think the first thing anyone new to Solo should do, is download the manual and study it well. Then, learn to become familiar with the flying characteristics of Solo by flying in a wide open area with no trees or buildings around. In the case of your selfie mishap, it sounds like the trees weren't taken into consideration when the selfie shot was set up. So, take it slow, and don't worry about learning all the great things Solo can do, until you are comfortable flying, and are able to take over in manual if a problem does happen. We highly suggest assigning "Fly Manual" to your "A" or "B" button, and practice flying in manual in a wide open area, as the flight characteristics are much different than in "Fly" mode. So, practice slow and sane, and you should do fine. Again, read and reread the manual. Safe flying to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo