Noob here and got a question about the Solo app

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a newbie to this community! Waiting impatiently for my Solo to arrive! :)

I am trying to get a few stuff setup before it arrives. However, I ran into an issue with the Solo app. I tried to Sign Up and register to use the app. It doesn't seem to let me Sign Up with either Facebook or Google. Is this feature disabled, since 3DR is no longer making the drone? If that's the case, I should just skip it most of the time? Is there a workaround to this?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome! Yes, skip the Sign up and register, since 3DR left the drone division this is no longer a service that works. Remember to read the manual, there's lot of good advice in there. If you're using an Android device, ditch the 3DR software and use a program called Solex. It's a heck of a lot better and gives you way more options.

Happy Flying!

Welcome! Yes, skip the Sign up and register, since 3DR left the drone division this is no longer a service that works. Remember to read the manual, there's lot of good advice in there. If you're using an Android device, ditch the 3DR software and use a program called Solex. It's a heck of a lot better and gives you way more options.

Happy Flying!
Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. Is Solex the app on Google Play that costs $29? I sure can't wait for my Solo to arrive near end of month and be ready to fly! Lol

Yes, I've downloaded the user manual and saw that I will need to spend a few hours of reading at a coffee shop! [emoji3]

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Welcome Panda!
Once you get your Solo, this is a very useful mod to look into.
Brite Lite LED lighting system
Thank you Mad dog! That is indeed a really bright led light! I can imagine you can never lose sight of the Solo with that installed. Haha.

Looks like I need to dig deeper for Solo aftermarket parts. For instance like this one which never come up on my search for Solo add-ons.

Are there regional discussion groups for Solo owners so people can hang out with local folks?

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. Is Solex the app on Google Play that costs $29? I sure can't wait for my Solo to arrive near end of month and be ready to fly! Lol

Yes, I've downloaded the user manual and saw that I will need to spend a few hours of reading at a coffee shop! [emoji3]
Yup, that's the app, trust us all, it's just plain brilliant. Also if you want a good app that lets you know where you can and can't fly, download Kittyhawk.

Thank you Mad dog! That is indeed a really bright led light! I can imagine you can never lose sight of the Solo with that installed. Haha.

Looks like I need to dig deeper for Solo aftermarket parts. For instance like this one which never come up on my search for Solo add-ons.

Are there regional discussion groups for Solo owners so people can hang out with local folks?
MadDog makes a great LED system, I bought two of them and I'm freaking loving them. Can't recommend them enough!

Reactions: Maddog

I’m not aware of any regional Solo groups but it helps if you put your location in your profile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela