no video

This seems to be a common problem.
Cant see video on the app???
Have tried every combo of start up.
Anyone advise pls
dr

For some reason, out-of-the-box after software update everything worked, including video feed. Then during second flight no live feed video on my Android LG G3 phone. This is what I do, reading the forums: GoPro off and NOT connected to Solo:

1) power up solo
2) power up controller
3) I wait for everything to stabilize, GPS searching, etc.
4) now, enable wifi on you tablet/phone
5) launch Solo App, let it get to opening 'fly screen'
6) connect GoPro cable to Solo
7) turn on GoPro (make sure video mode, and hit RECORD!)
7) hit 'fly' on the App, you _should_ have video feed, if not, power down and repeat

Why, I don't know, works for me.

Cheers.

For some reason, out-of-the-box after software update everything worked, including video feed. Then during second flight no live feed video on my Android LG G3 phone. This is what I do, reading the forums: GoPro off and NOT connected to Solo:

1) power up solo
2) power up controller
3) I wait for everything to stabilize, GPS searching, etc.
4) now, enable wifi on you tablet/phone
5) launch Solo App, let it get to opening 'fly screen'
6) connect GoPro cable to Solo
7) turn on GoPro (make sure video mode, and hit RECORD!)
7) hit 'fly' on the App, you _should_ have video feed, if not, power down and repeat

Why, I don't know, works for me.

Cheers.
Iv'e tried every combination as well to no avail. sad face. I heard from a 3DR tech rep that there were a batch of bad HDMI micro cords. another tech sent me a youtube link but that was just talking about NTSC which I have the hero4 adjusted according to directions.

This seems to be a common problem.
Cant see video on the app???
Have tried every combo of start up.
Anyone advise pls
dr
There was just a post about a problem like this in the Solo discussion ..
Maybe try reading through it and you might find your cure..it's worth giving it a shot! And you'll be happy to know the fella fixed his video problem with the help of the friendly post that was left..:)

Here's the link

http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/live-stream-issues-solved.1086/

There was just a post about a problem like this in the Solo discussion ..
Maybe try reading through it and you might find your cure..it's worth giving it a shot! And you'll be happy to know the fella fixed his video problem with the help of the friendly post that was left..:)

Here's the link

http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/live-stream-issues-solved.1086/
Thank you so much. Man I tried EVERYTHING. It's gotta be a hardware issue micro HDMI cord.

After 2 flights today (man, nice to have 3 flight batteries now), I can almost say for certain it IS a cable issue between Solo and the GoPro. How do you ask, I followed my procedure to the letter all the time, most the time it worked. NOW: I got fed up, being a test/systems engineer I paid a little more attention. You have to make sure the GoPro is located properly in the mount, and SEAT the USB connector until you feel a solid 'click' or 'snap'. Sorry, it's just by feel. I had no feed with the App running on Android until I picked up Solo and re-connected and the only way to describe it is the connect on the Solo->USB->GoPro just 'felt' more solid. It was not much, but got good instant live video feed on App/Android waiting for 'fly' or 'flight school' screen.

For what it's worth, is there a rep for 3DR lurking here? I can provide ton's of test and initial flight data, that's what I do for a living.

Also today:
Sped things up a bit in the App, now at 'medium', Solo fly's great.
Selfie mode worked
Follow me, Solo tried, but acted very strange. Back to 'fly' mode.

3DR, are you around here? - we all need feedback. I can bet my 20+ years as in test, It IS either the connection on your right angle connector to GoPro USB, or just a bad cable, internal conductor failure, or design, PERIOD. You can take that to the bank.

Cheers

---

After 2 flights today (man, nice to have 3 flight batteries now), I can almost say for certain it IS a cable issue between Solo and the GoPro. How do you ask, I followed my procedure to the letter all the time, most the time it worked. NOW: I got fed up, being a test/systems engineer I paid a little more attention. You have to make sure the GoPro is located properly in the mount, and SEAT the USB connector until you feel a solid 'click' or 'snap'. Sorry, it's just by feel. I had no feed with the App running on Android until I picked up Solo and re-connected and the only way to describe it is the connect on the Solo->USB->GoPro just 'felt' more solid. It was not much, but got good instant live video feed on App/Android waiting for 'fly' or 'flight school' screen.

For what it's worth, is there a rep for 3DR lurking here? I can provide ton's of test and initial flight data, that's what I do for a living.

Also today:
Sped things up a bit in the App, now at 'medium', Solo fly's great.
Selfie mode worked
Follow me, Solo tried, but acted very strange. Back to 'fly' mode.

3DR, are you around here? - we all need feedback. I can bet my 20+ years as in test, It IS either the connection on your right angle connector to GoPro USB, or just a bad cable, internal conductor failure, or design, PERIOD. You can take that to the bank.

Cheers

---
I had a rep tell me that there is a bad batch of micro HDMI cords installed in some units. here is a copy paste of an email also. from a rep.

Luis (3drobotics)

Aug 4, 4:01 PM

Hello, thank you for contact 3D Robotics
I do apologize for the inconvenience
it doesn't sound that we need to perform the factory reset
i know that you already did the troubleshoot
i'm going to send you some additional steps just to make sure
usually the problem is on the micro hdmi cable and sometimes
we need to actually unplug it , also after those steps
can you try to connect the camera in to your tv just to see if you are able to get something
and remember that the go pro also needs to be updated
ill wait for your respond

http://3drobotics.com/kb/video-troubleshooting/

Thank you and regards!
Luis L.
3D Robotics Tech Support
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
Call us toll free: (858) 982-2898

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads