No video feed from solo, tips?

Reaction score
I have a hero 4 silver which was updated yesterday and a solo and controller with 2.4.0 but still no video feed at all sometimes I will have it for a minute or two then I will lose it. Please help thanks

Hi Matt,

Please search this board for video issue solutions, it's been discussed at length. The 'fix' that worked for me was the hard foam (closed cell) block under the HDMI connector within the drone. This requires opening your drone & could void your warranty. Alternatively, you can open a ticket with 3DR - they are pretty helpful.

Hope this helps you get back in the air!

Reactions: 13nikos62
I had a bad hdmi port on a new gopro 4 black. I tested it by attaching it to the TV and got nothing on the screen from the gopro.

All I had to do was route the cable behind the screw under the main board and that fixed my problem. Thanks for the tips

Good to hear Matt1!

Now are you ready for the "strap your solo to a v2 rocket mod'?
1st, get yourself a used V2 rocket (Ebay) and some duck tape, then you wanna ... :)

*FOR NEW OWNERS HAVING A SIMILAR ISSUE*

Hello to all Solo Pilots here. Joined the forums today and a proud but slightly tired owner of a 3DR. It may be late to post but for all new owners like me if you are facing feed issues, here is how I resolved it.

Note that Firmware 4.0 on the GoPro does not allow the 3DR to turn it on therefore we would follow the sequence below:

Turn on GoPro
Turn on Solo
Turn on Controller, wait for Searcing GPS sign.
On your Phone/Tablet, connect to Solo's Wifi.
Once connected, Open the App and hit Fly.
Fly !!

Pointers:
If you are using the Gimbal and not getting feed, try testing your GoPro HDMI port elsewhere (TV, Computer, etc)
Make sure you are testing the HDMI and not the USB port (different ports and cables)
If your GoPro port works like a champ, try connecting without Gimbal to check if the feed works (this helps isolate the issue). If GoPro port works, you know where the issue is.
Before you throw it back at 3DR, try taking a closer look on the Gimbal to look for loose connections.
Disconnect and reconnect works sometimes.
Now if connecting directly does not work, you know the issue is on the inside. As per the Customer Care, here is a link which helps reset the HDMI cable (Warranty shall not be void for following this video)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000