No tilt on gimbal(s)...Please help.

Reaction score
finally got the solo yesterday. (Used and previously working)

After the initial preflight update (1st thing done after opening box and charging);
Everything booted up nicely. I ran the level calibration and the compass calibration. No problem.

GPS locked...no problem.

Gimbal control...nada, nothing...as if the transmitter is it even sending a signal.
I have live view and control of/from the GoPro 4 Black...(no balance weights)

I ran the stick calibration procedure... Nada, nothing.

I rerouted the hdmi and nothing touches the gimbal...still nothing.

I took the thing apart and made sure the hdmi was plugged in securely to the main board and reassembled... Nothing...no control still.

Even ran to Best Buy to get a replacement gimbal; still nothing!!!!

Even reset the whole system and re-updated everything...

Aside from just getting a phantom...am I missing anything?

ALSO: The green light pulses on the back of the gimbal; it faces straight down every boot; then I have to do a level calibration and it stays fixed straight ahead...and it flies great and without any other issue.

I'll post pics and/or videos if needed and later. Thanks in advance.

when you did your stick cali did you move the paddle on the top left side of the controller too?

Yes. Moved them all.

Can I use this to see if there is any input/output from he paddles? Never thought of that until now.

Heck!!! I can buy a while new one now for nearly twice the cost of the gimbal. I mainly want to narrow down my point of error here.

Thanks.

when you are running stick calibration numbers on bottom row first set are paddle numbers you should see those moving when you are moving the paddle, left most numbers on last line are the speed roller on right

The data cable that plugs into the gimbal controls the tilt. Check to make sure that's in good shape, connectors and soldering back at the main board...

I hope you don't have the same problem that I had. I just sent my entire Solo kit back for replacement. I tried stick calibration about 15 times (no joke) and resetting the Solo to factory specs 6 times, all under the advise of 3DR. I must say, their customer service is fantastic.
Any way, they sent me a new gimbal, didn't fix the issue. I fortunately found access to a second Solo and after pairing my controller to the second Solo, the gimbal error followed to Solo 2. Paired Solo 2s controller to my Solo al everything worked.
Swapped the controllers back and my Solo gimbal stopped working again.
Seems the controller would not save the calibrations or had an internal fault.
I should get a new kit in a couple of days.
I did have an error message on my controller screen "manual camera error". Does yours have a message?

Do you have access to a second Solo by chance to swap controllers?
Cheers
Aussie

Okay. Ran the stick cal. And the numbers were moving only a couple digits. It's hard to monitor the numbers; but I believe we are onto something.

I booted up after the calibration and found that my right stick is actually controlling the gimbal!!! When I press forward for pitch. The gimbal lowers and vice versa.

Atleast I know he gimbal can move now. But WTH???

I think my channels may be messed up.

And no other solo owners around to test it on. :(
Sounds like your channel assignments are messed up. Before anything else, try a parameter reset. You will need an android device and Tower, or windows and Mission Planner.

Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps below after connecting Tower to Solo.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you are at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

No android devices around. I'm a Mac guy with a Windows machine laying around here somewhere.

Could never connect mission planner via udp. Disabled firewalls, connect to wifi, load MP..
It hangs trying to connect. Putty worked though.

Anyway...looks like I may just go get a new combo at Best Buy for 599.00 and play "mad scientist" on the used one. (Chalk this one up to: Harsh realities of buying used equip) been there before. Not my first rodeo.

Thanks for all the help this far. I'm not giving up on it yet.

Could never connect mission planner via udp. Disabled firewalls, connect to wifi, load MP..
It hangs trying to connect. Putty worked though
I found I would have to restart MP once the wifi was connected to solo. Habit now is to connect to Solo wifi then start MP...

That was the order I tried. I'll give it another shot later. I had to just leave everything on the bench for now and go fly something. :)

I'll update tonight.

I didn't want to just leave this unattended.

But wow!!! I finally got the new one in the air and I LOVE this thing. I haven't stopped flying it enough to work on the broken/something wrong with the other.

I'm afraid to even try binding the new radio to the old. For the first time...everything is just working the way it is supposed to.

I may "Frankenstein" the other solo; but have to figure out this radio issue...

Thanks for all of the assistance so far. Great forum.

So I thought I'd come back and update the thread.

I got it all worked out last night. Finally had time to work on it.

Since I have Zero android devices around. I had to use mission planner to do the parameter reset.

It was much easier than expected and worked like a charm.

All channels operating correctly. And flew 2 batteries this morning.
Between here and the solo mod Facebook guys...
The problem is solved.

I hate threads without follow ups. Mark this one as "problem solved"

Reactions: PdxSteve
So I thought I'd come back and update the thread.

I got it all worked out last night. Finally had time to work on it.

Since I have Zero android devices around. I had to use mission planner to do the parameter reset.

It was much easier than expected and worked like a charm.

All channels operating correctly. And flew 2 batteries this morning.
Between here and the solo mod Facebook guys...
The problem is solved.

I hate threads without follow ups. Mark this one as "problem solved"
Great. Go give Jubair a nice "Like" in his post #9.

Sounds like your channel assignments are messed up. Before anything else, try a parameter reset. You will need an android device and Tower, or windows and Mission Planner.

Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps below after connecting Tower to Solo.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you are at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.
THIS WORKED FOR ME TOO! so freaking happy i have this thing fully functional finally. a thousand thank yous:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc