No take off with Fly.

Just got my Solo , everything looked ok , but no take off by pressing Fly..

I have to give it throttle in order to take off , So far that is the only kink.

Any Ideas..

Guy
Throttle shouldn't do anything unless you are in manual or stabilize mode. Does the screen say 'Press Fly to Take Off?'

I think he is talking about AutoTakeoff. Its not working so he is manually lifting off.

Throttle shouldn't do anything unless you are in manual or stabilize mode. Does the screen say 'Press Fly to Take Off?'

YES , The screen says press fly to take off , but nothing happens when I press Fly..

The rpm drop within 20 seconds.. If I throttle up it takes off..

How can I tell what mode its on ?

Rgds. Guy

YES , The screen says press fly to take off , but nothing happens when I press Fly..

The rpm drop within 20 seconds.. If I throttle up it takes off..

How can I tell what mode its on ?

Rgds. Guy
It would show at the top of your controller screen. If it says 'Fly' are you holding the Fly button down a few seconds?

Thank you for the help.

Just ran several tests.

When I press and hold FLY motors start up ...
Says to take off hold Fly ..and the screen shows Fly in the center
The Fly button flashes.
If I Press and hold the Fly button the green bar goes across the control screen and control vibrates

No take off , if I give it throttle i get a take off very shaky at first and a normal fly.

If i do not apply throttle then the rpm drop and the solo acts like it is flying but it is on the ground
press and hold fly and it goes into landing mode ..

Thank you for any advise sent a ticket in

Guy

When the controller vibrates, it should be showing you an error message on the controller screen. Does it say anything after the green bar goes across?

Just thinking out loud here, but did you chnage any of the auto take off settings, such as altitiude? Haven't checked, but auto take off to 0 might do that.. Other than that look at the error. If you can't see it at the controller (it doesn't relay them all) you can look in the tlog files with Mission Planner, or have someone here do it.

To do that, start a trouble ticket in the app and it will attach a zip with tlog files to an email. Email it to yourself and upload the file here.

When the controller vibrates, it should be showing you an error message on the controller screen. Does it say anything after the green bar goes across?

Good day and thank you for the interest.

No nothing happens when the green bar goes across no error message , the props keep spinning at the same speed , no take off . If i press and hold fly again , same , Fly is flashing and the green bar goes across vibration but no take off.

Rgds Guy

Good day and thank you for the interest.

No nothing happens when the green bar goes across no error message , the props keep spinning at the same speed , no take off . If i press and hold fly again , same , Fly is flashing and the green bar goes across vibration but no take off.

Rgds Guy

Re altitude I will check , the relative altitude is shown on the screen , the absolute altitude should be near 400 ft or so the altitude above sea level . I don't think I changed anything but will see..

When I apply throttle it takes of and the screen shows the relative altitude from the ground to Solo

Thank you again . The log was sent in .

Guy

Re altitude I will check , the relative altitude is shown on the screen , the absolute altitude should be near 400 ft or so the altitude above sea level . I don't think I changed anything but will see..

When I apply throttle it takes of and the screen shows the relative altitude from the ground to Solo

Thank you again . The log was sent in .

Guy
You should either look at the log yourself, or upload it here. Others can look and see what error the buzz is representing. That should give you a clue to the problem.

Good day to all.

Checked on the altitude and was not set at 0 re set anyway to a high value ... Same result.

Finally figured out how to get the log out. Have not figured how to open them or what to look for.

Enclosed the log files and thank you for any help.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    155.8 KB · Views: 8
Looking at your logs now. Can I come swim in your pool :)

Well when I pulled up a log it showed a house with a pool in near Panama. Not you?

Well when I pulled up a log it showed a house with a pool in near Panama. Not you?
Yes i did not realize the videos were included..
I will learn more about the logs .. they seem to be in linux .

Any ideas as to what to do to the Solo , I keep flying ok just requires care. Solo tends to flip over quite easily on take off

Yes you can come over for a swim any time.
Guy

Yes i did not realize the videos were included..
I will learn more about the logs .. they seem to be in linux .

Any ideas as to what to do to the Solo , I keep flying ok just requires care. Solo tends to flip over quite easily on take off

Yes you can come over for a swim any time.
Guy
No video. But when you open log it links gps coords to Google maps. I do not see any glaring issues but got called away.

Good day to all,
After a lot of exchanges with a very helpful 3DR service person , I did learn a lot more about my solo but, no happy ending, i did get an offer to send it in for checkup.
Since all my other quads do not have a fly button, i have decided to keep my solo with the kink of no fly button.

Everything else woks on my solo.

Enclosed is a link to a video of the problem any suggestions are welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55732126/Solo2.mp4

Thank you for the help.

Guy

Good day to all,
After a lot of exchanges with a very helpful 3DR service person , I did learn a lot more about my solo but, no happy ending, i did get an offer to send it in for checkup.
Since all my other quads do not have a fly button, i have decided to keep my solo with the kink of no fly button.

Everything else woks on my solo.

Enclosed is a link to a video of the problem any suggestions are welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55732126/Solo2.mp4

Thank you for the help.

Guy

Did 3DR have you pull the battery from the controller and then re-start?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela