No streaming help?!

Reaction score
so I recently traded a laptop for my solo and I am new to the drone world. I bought a bread new GoPro hero 4 black and have flown several times with no issues. I am now not able to stream video. I have full gimbal function and control over GoPro settings in the solo app and can even record but the videos/pics come out black and I have no stream. I have run through all the trouble shooting suggestions on the solo app with no success and am starting to regret my trade. What do I need to do to fix this? Help!

Be sure to power on GoPro, Solo then controller in that order. Once WiFi up then connect to Solo app. Be sure you only have one instance of an app running at a time (i.e. Don't run Solex and stock app at same time). Also if you are running Mission Planner (PC) or Tower (Android) only the first device that connects will get the live video stream.

Be sure to power on GoPro, Solo then controller in that order. Once WiFi up then connect to Solo app. Be sure you only have one instance of an app running at a time (i.e. Don't run Solex and stock app at same time). Also if you are running Mission Planner (PC) or Tower (Android) only the first device that connects will get the live video stream.

Not sure what any of that other stuff is. I just run the solo app but I will definitely try that

Not trying to be a wiseass, but do you have a filter adaptor on your GoPro? If so do you have your lens cap on? (happened to me.. So just asking).
But , if you don't know "all that stuff", just start the app and fly, I guess I'm doing it wrong lol. Seriously, you MUST follow the correct power on sequence as Andrew posted above.

Happy and safe flying!

Not trying to be a wiseass, but do you have a filter adaptor on your GoPro? If so do you have your lens cap on? (happened to me.. So just asking).
But , if you don't know "all that stuff", just start the app and fly, I guess I'm doing it wrong lol. Seriously, you MUST follow the correct power on sequence as Andrew posted above.

Happy and safe flying!

No offense taken lol. If you tried to explain to me that drones fly in the air I would have thought wiseass but in this case I really just don't know. Anyways my GoPro is fresh out of the box, no filters,caps, or anything on the lense. I'm able to use it with the GoPro app just fine the plug it into the solo and nothing. When I get home tomorrow I'll be trying it again in a more precise power up order and hopefully that fixes my issue. I'll learn it sooner or later. Thanks!

Still no luck. I tried to make sure everything was disconnected and connecting to everything in the right order. I can connect and control everything and fly but no picture, just a black screen. I can even take pictures and videos but they just save to my iPad as a black screen. Feeling like this might have been a bad deal to get into this drone. The more research I do the more problems I'm finding people have with the solo. I'm not trying to run a business or anything, just take videos. Please help!

Try this order again this morning with no success. I'm still getting a black screen when I try to fly. Everything shows it's connected and I can control the camera settings from my iPad just no picture

I have thread on this regarding my GoPro 3+ Black where it worked several weeks ago. I went to try it a few days ago and it was streaming the video upside-down and when I went to change it to reverse the video/display, the streaming was no longer working resulting in a black screen like yours.

Not sure what's happening, but it seems that there is a lot of this phenomenon going on.

Is there a parameter related to streaming and if so, what is it could this parameter have been inadvertently reset?

Reactions: Davis3613
IDK if it's the same for the Hero 4 but on my 3 Black, I have to keep the frame rate (FPS) below 48, no matter what resolution the camera is set on. It's possible that is due to my Galaxy Tab4 being an antique as far as computers go though. Just thought I'd add another thing for you to try.

I've tried tuning down the FPS to 30 and even lower without success.

I'm going through the same woes. Interestingly, I have tried 4 different Androids but last night I discovered that my video feed works on an old iphone 5s so I'm guessing we'll have to play with all the different Hero settings to find the magic formula.

The issue is that worked a few weeks ago, and now it doesn't. I think something else is happening and it's a mystery to me :-(

There was an android system update in the last week. It really sounds like that has burned you. Problem is if you roll back they keep trying to update it and if you don't they block Play Store and Maps.

I don't think that this is the problem because I haven't updated my android iOS (unless it did it automatically, which I didn't notice) nor my iPhone (which I have total control over) since the last time it was working.

Have you tried checking the HDMI cable that is connected on top of the gimbal? Or connecting the GP directly to it to see if you get a feed?

I did. I even tried it with my other Solo that has the OEM Standard Gimbal with the same results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela