No satellite maps after update

This might be dumb but have you tried rebooting your iOS device?

image.png image.png This is a user error.
After upgrade, you need first to accept the ToU for the maps service. Otherwise maps do not display.
Btw, I am amazed about the professionalism of Mike. If I had to be servicing your request I would have kicked your butt for your rude behavior.
I just did the upgrade on my iPad Air2, no problems.

Last edited:
View attachment 3444 View attachment 3443 This is a user error.
After upgrade, you need first to accept the ToU for the maps service. Otherwise maps do not display.
Btw, I am amazed about the professionalism of Mike. If I had to be servicing your request I would have kicked your butt for your rude behavior.
I just did the upgrade on my iPad Air2, no problems.
I did that. It is not a user error but clearly you like to jump to conclusions before you have all the facts.
Standing up for yourself when you know you are being jerked around is not rude.

Sorry if I'm not politically correct enough for you.

Last edited:
I can get maps but not satellite view, I'm using a iPad mini 2... tried a bunch of things but no luck.
I also tried support but the problem still exists. hopefully the next update will sort it out.

I've had some issues here too, just so I understand correctly. You can get the street map overlay but not the aerial (satellite) feed? Lately when I go to set an orbit, I get black screen. I would put out there, the street map is really of no use for Solo.

What happens when opening Map App before starting solo. If the satellite view shows, you know it has to be Solo App.

I understand your frustration, going back and forth in chat is maddening, especially when you can detect the user on other end is not reading or understanding the question in first place.

Maddox, if you had completed the steps he asked of you, instead of being rude, you might have a working solution right now..

I'm using the same model of iPad. The specialty shot are selfie, various follow modes, orbit and cable cam. I think that's all that's out

If you look at the descriptions of the shots it shows you how to set up the shots, and no mention of a map is made.

If you are rude to me in your reply, I can guarantee you will not get anymore help from me.

I hope this helps

How can you connect your tablet to wifi and sololink at the same time? My tablet cant do that. Just one at a time. Is there any special way to do that?

I did that. It is not a user error but clearly you like to jump to conclusions before you have all the facts.
That's why your opinion is worthless. Standing up for yourself when you know you are being jerked around is not rude.

Sorry if I'm politically correct enough for you.

here is something to try
first
open your solo app, go into planning, accept the terms of service then under filters switch to satellite view. scan the areas you plan to fly then close the app.

second
when you start solo connect to your solo with your tablet then go to planning, accept the terms of conditions then change the filter to satellite.
This might work for you, its a pain but it seems to be working for me so far

You can also turn-on Bluetooth on your tablet and pair the tablet to your iPhone. This way your tablet is connected to both Solo and the internet. This is what I'm doing and it works well.
Good luck.

I Think the issue at least for me was the fact that the app automatically defaults to map view so every time I use solo i have to go into planning and change the filter to satellite view or I won't get anything on my maps when i fly.

Maddox, if you had completed the steps he asked of you, instead of being rude, you might have a working solution right now..

I'm using the same model of iPad. The specialty shot are selfie, various follow modes, orbit and cable cam. I think that's all that's out

If you look at the descriptions of the shots it shows you how to set up the shots, and no mention of a map is made.

If you are rude to me in your reply, I can guarantee you will not get anymore help from me.

I hope this helps
Just FYI up until the last update whenever i did a orbit i would get my satellite view that i could use to adjust the focus point. Ever since the last update the app defaults to map view unless you go into planning and change to satellite i get a blank screen. I read what support told him to do and there is no mention of changing the filter in planning.....

Well, this is weird- now, if I start the solo app while the controller and Solo are turned off, I can get satellite maps. If I connect to Solo wifi, fire up everything and go fly, I still have maps.

Previously, after connecting everything, I lost the maps if I ever got them.

I'll see how long this lasts. Thanks to everyone who tried to help- apologies for rude behavior.:oops:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc