No satellite image on Solo Map

Reaction score
I am unable to see any satellite image in the solo map area. All i get is the Street Map. I am not connected to the Solo and I am connected to the internet via wifi when trying to access the satellite imagery. I can save the street map but how do i change to to see a satellite image? I am in Australia.

I can get the satellite imagery in Tower just fine? but not in the solo flight app on android?

Last edited:
Hi there ,
I'm having the same issue. Did you find a workaround or fix.
Thanks

Watch this and maybe resolve the issue :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch this and maybe resolve the issue : youtube.com/watch?v=yBIxmiJS0_M

I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling the Solo App and then Reainstalling the App. That said the service used to supply satellite imagery in the Solo Ap is Shit compared to the Google Service used in Tower. Also the Solo App handels the Servise shit when you zoom in beyound the 'acceptable scale of the imagery. you just get a black screen????. There needs to be a lot more work done on the Solo App. 3DR made a lot of claims before these things hit the market and they havn't quite delivered. I'm hoping they will come good over the next few months. Also I have posted support tickets that just don't get replies. What's that about? Also Solo does not parse the tablet devices GPS location well at all! all my other aps on the tablet use the devices GPS just fine.

Be sure you are not zoomed in too tight....the sat map will not show (assuming you are connected to the Internet). Zoom out. The map will show if you are connected to Internet or if it is cached.

Unfortunately I have to zoom out to the level that the dot that represents my location is about 100-150m in size on the ground before the satellite image displays. This is not very usable for the flying that most people do particularly when setting up orbits etc. The satellite image by they was is capable of zooming in much further but simply does not display - internet connection or not. The image in Tower displays very well when zoomed in. Why don't 3DR just use the same image service as Tower???????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela