No feed to phone

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on with my solo and gimbal but when I boot everything up as usual I get no feed to my iPhone. I have reset the drone and controller and married them together to factory setting and still getting the same issue. I have a GoPro 4 silver and when I connect it through the app it records I just don’t see it on the phone. I have checked the hdmi and checked it again. I have reset everything including the GoPro. I can press record and it works but the screen on my phone is black. If I remove the GoPro and replay what I just did then I can see what I recorded. I am just not getting a feed on my phone.

I ha e also taken the battery out of the go pro with no results

Sounds like the same problem I ran into. There is a fix, kind of, not by me but it worked for me. You have to get to the hdmi connection on the main board. Put a piece of foam block under the connector, just enough to secure it not putting too much pressure on it. Fix my black screen problem. I don’t know how smart it is to do that, but mine has worked fine for many flights now.

loose Connector I just fixed the same problem with mine only I didn't put a piece of foam on it not yet anyway just took a plastic tool and pushed it back tight onto the board and it started working again. /I am waiting on a ribbon cable so I am just doing bench testing for now will need to pull board down and will make sure its good and secure before flight

I'm having the same problem but I'm not using the gimbal. When I power everything on I don't have any view on my tablet. I usually have to power off the Gopro and then I can see. The last few times though, nothing has helped get the picture onto my screen. The Gopro still records like normal.

As stated by the other posters...the most common problem is the HDMI cable coming loose. This usually the connector underneath the main board. The other common issue is stress on this connectors causes it to partially lift from the circuit board.

I experienced a less common problem with the HDMI signal path. Last year I joined to group of Solo users when I bought a well taken care of but used Solo off of Craigslist from a local seller. It had a fully functioning gimbal and a GoPro Hero 4 Black.

After I got it home I found I I had the same issue...everything worked and powered up except no live video on my phone (screen was black) when the Solo was ready to fly. If I manually started the GoPro recording on the ground before the flight it would record video onto the GoPro SD card and I got pull the video off the camera once I disconnected it from the drone.

I finally found the problem when I closely examined the GoPro's HDMI port. The previous owner had worn the GoPro's HDMI connector so badly that one of the several coppers conductor in the center had bent over and was pushed all the way to the back of the HDMI ports metal shield (which is signal ground). I had to replace the GoPro to correct the problem. Fortunately I got the Solo (with backpack, gimbal and many extras) for so cheap I still come out way ahead when I had to buy another GoPro.

I recommend you inspect the HDMI port on your GoPro with a magnifying glass if the HDMI connectors appear to be good.

- Mike

Last edited:
My issue is fixed.
As I found somewhere else on this site it was all about power on sequencing for me. I have zero problems as long as I power things on like this:
Gopro
Solo
Controller
App

Any time I power them on in a different sequence I never get the live feed.

Reactions: Mark35mi
I have always had issues with video feed. It was working recently and now has stopped again. Last time I reloaded the firmware for the gopro 4 black and it worked. Not this time. I check all connections, cable pins, reset every factory setting. Started them in sequence per the last post. Everything was checked updated or reinstalled inspected thoroughly and nothing. Even tried another gopro. I'm so fed up with this weak link. I really don't know what to do next.

HI all,
I have the same issue with my 2 drones and go pro, the signal was suddenly lost on my tablet from my go pro. This happened after both had been in storage for a few months and after a software update to version 4.7. I doubt that the hdmi cable has come loose on both drones at the same time ..... but willing to check anything. Is the motherboard referred to in the above fixes, the one on the gimbal or the one inside the drone? If its the one inside the drone, can someone point out to me how to get to that motherboard? Ive loosened all screws but am still struggling to see where the actual connection is on the motherboard - do I need to remove the motherboard from the drone completely to access it?

What are the chances of the software being the issue? Does anyone know how to roll back the software version and where I can download that from to try?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

I have 2 Solos that are not feeding video to my iPhone X. I have taken one Solo apart and using the HDMI cable from it was able to plug in to a big screen and monitor video from my GoPro Hero 3+ Black so I know the camera is putting out and the HDMI cable is good. I have tried all different power-on sequences of the Solo, Controller, Go Pro and App without success.

I plugged into the mini HDMI on the back of the controller in hopes that would help me trouble-shoot but all that put out was a big "3DR" on my big screen TV.

Everything else seems to work fine. I can fly and record if I start the GoPro manually but never get a live video stream to my phone.

I am looking for some ideas on how I could further isolate this problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have 2 Solos that are not feeding video to my iPhone X. I have taken one Solo apart and using the HDMI cable from it was able to plug in to a big screen and monitor video from my GoPro Hero 3+ Black so I know the camera is putting out and the HDMI cable is good. I have tried all different power-on sequences of the Solo, Controller, Go Pro and App without success.

I plugged into the mini HDMI on the back of the controller in hopes that would help me trouble-shoot but all that put out was a big "3DR" on my big screen TV.

Everything else seems to work fine. I can fly and record if I start the GoPro manually but never get a live video stream to my phone.

I am looking for some ideas on how I could further isolate this problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Re Pair the drone (very simple you tube video available if you google it) and re-install solo 3DR software (no Solex). That's what fixed mine.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have done this 3 times without a good result. I even substituted an Android tablet on one of my attempts to make sure it
wasn't my phone.10232
This is a screen capture from my phone and I guess it indicates the camera roll and camera are not talking.

Looking for any other suggestions to narrow this problem down. Thank you.

I have always had issues with video feed. It was working recently and now has stopped again. Last time I reloaded the firmware for the gopro 4 black and it worked. Not this time. I check all connections, cable pins, reset every factory setting. Started them in sequence per the last post. Everything was checked updated or reinstalled inspected thoroughly and nothing. Even tried another gopro. I'm so fed up with this weak link. I really don't know what to do next.
Did you ever get any further on this solution? I am still stuck on my video feed problems and looking for other ideas to try.

I have resolved my problem finally by installing a GoPro 4 Silver in place of my old GoPro 3+ Black. The video now comes through to my iPhone X as long as I
observe the start-up sequence of GoPro, Solo, Controller and then App.
:) for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo