Newbie Question on Hero 3+ Video Feed

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my Solo today and have been setting things up. I'm very impressed with it so far, but I can't fly it due to outside weather. I did test the video feed from my Hero 3+ Black. Everything seems to work fine, except that the video feed includes an overlay with the GoPro banner (record time, battery status, etc) on top of the video and the Solo status line. The camera roll downloaded to my Android includes the GoPro banner. I suspect it is some setting on the GoPro but I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know if there a way to turn that banner off?

Welcome, Aginzu. You can turn it off in your GoPro settings. If you don't have your camera manual, you can look it up on YouTube for removing it. We highly recommend downloading the Solo manual and studying it before flying. Believe me, it is good reading while waiting for the weather to clear up, and besides that.....Knowledge is your friend. Good luck, and fly safe.

I did read the entire Solo manual. It's really a device with amazing capabilities. I'm looking forward to flying it once there is a break in the weather. Thanks for the hint. I found the OSD menu item (On Screen Display) in the GoPro manual. That looks like it will turn off the banner.

Aginzu... are you aware that the camera roll saved to your device is basically garbage and the video you'll need to use and process will be on your SD card in the GP?

Yes, I do understand.

I was concerned about the banner because it overlaid the Solo status (distance, altitude, etc.) and made it hard to read. Actually, I would prefer if there were a way to include the Solo status line information on the camera roll on the device. It would would provide more information in case something went wrong.

Yes, I do understand.

I was concerned about the banner because it overlaid the Solo status (distance, altitude, etc.) and made it hard to read. Actually, I would prefer if there were a way to include the Solo status line information on the camera roll on the device. It would would provide more information in case something went wrong.
Turn off the OSD in the GoPros settings menu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela