Newbie in Hawaii

Reaction score
Got this 3DR Solo a week ago and been having fun since day one. Got gutsy and decided to take her up over the unreturnable. It's my first airborne video and editing is rough. Any comments is appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3DR Solo, Gopro 3+ Black

Lucky stiff! You have a wealth of great scenery to capture. Video was great. You suffer from the same problem I experience, the left leg creeping into the picture. I've come to despise 3-axis gimbals.

Anyone have a solution for keeping the left leg out of the frame? It's the left leg because the GP camera lens is offset to the left.

Check the sticky for suggested best camera settings. I think that will help you a lot.
I think it's,
Medium
60fps

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    199.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Check the sticky for suggested best camera settings. I think that will help you a lot.
I think it's,
Medium
60fps

3+ Black @2.7k only does 30fps. If I use med it would trim out the leg. I might try pro tune later.

Wow nice video. I just picked up mine as well. How far can the drone go from the controller?

I'm off to the Bahamas for four months this week so I will put together some videos together as well :)

Lucky stiff! You have a wealth of great scenery to capture. Video was great. You suffer from the same problem I experience, the left leg creeping into the picture. I've come to despise 3-axis gimbals.

Anyone have a solution for keeping the left leg out of the frame? It's the left leg because the GP camera lens is offset to the left.

Aren't there some 3rd party leg sliders (not extension) that can help widen the stance of the solo for this purpose from Relish 3D? http://www.relish3d.com/solo-sliders/

I was thinking about picking up a set.

Remember that you need to obtain a certificate from the Bahamian Government before you can fly in the Bahamas. Can't wait to see the video!

Yup! I found out just in time and have emailed Dion my application. Any idea if they send a confirmation letter or I simply bring the application with me to the airport? Totally new to this whole thing :')

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela