New to Solo. Test Video. How Does it Look?

Reaction score
Hello Friends of Solo!

I took some test footage a few weeks ago and I wanted to hear your thoughts. I've read a lot about vibrations showing up in video, bad HDMI cables, and bad gimbals. I was hoping you could provide some feedback on this short clip; does everything seem to be functioning as expected?

Please excuse the poor choice of free music, but its all I could do on short notice.

I didn't add any stabilization but I did add some saturation for a pop of color. The clip is shot 4k on a GoPro Hero 4 Black. The wind was about 7-10mph with 12 gps locked in at 290ish feet.

Cheers!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...I took some test footage a few weeks ago and I wanted to hear your thoughts. I've read a lot about vibrations showing up in video, bad HDMI cables, and bad gimbals. I was hoping you could provide some feedback on this short clip; does everything seem to be functioning as expected?
Definitely something in there when you yaw right quickly, beginning ~1:21

For the amount of light you were working with it looked fairly solid. The vertical looks good, but like Sardg I see some jiggles in the horizontal images as you yaw. And as was told to me, could be resolved in post with stab software.

How is the video in bright sun and with more flying around? You seem to be in Tri-Pod mode for much of the video shown.

For the amount of light you were working with it looked fairly solid. The vertical looks good, but like Sardg I see some jiggles in the horizontal images as you yaw. And as was told to me, could be resolved in post with stab software.

How is the video in bright sun and with more flying around? You seem to be in Tri-Pod mode for much of the video shown.

The other video I've taken looks pretty solid, but then again, I have nothing to compare it to since it's my first drone. Hopefully some post tweaking will take care of that issue both you and SARDG mentioned.

Thanks for the tip and maybe I'll post some footage later today with a bit more movement for comparison.

Go through the video/photo portion of the forum. That will give you ability to compare your results versus others with the same setup. Use a baseline of watching in 1080 rather than at a higher resolution, for posted videos. Your comparison will be on a level field to judge how your video is performing, and only compare against your uploaded videos. Both Vimeo and YT compress video, so things do change from desktop to hosted.

As already mentioned, it's hard to asess stability when you're just hovering. Looking into the sun like that isn't helping the video overall.

YouTube has lots of Solo videos you can check for comparison.:)

Reactions: keads
Go through the video/photo portion of the forum. That will give you ability to compare your results versus others with the same setup. Use a baseline of watching in 1080 rather than at a higher resolution, for posted videos. Your comparison will be on a level field to judge how your video is performing, and only compare against your uploaded videos. Both Vimeo and YT compress video, so things do change from desktop to hosted.

Right on, I'll definitely take a look. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo