New to Solo, maybe won't be able to fly them.

Reaction score
I have some experience flying DJI Phantoms as semi-pro. Over last 18 no this or so I collected to many different platforms, and, to many of each.

Still deciding which of them I will keep. Yuneec Q500(s), Solo, 2 of them. DJI F550 with crazy number of spares and very well equiped. BeBop 2 FPV (Selling). Oh, and pair of Yuneec Breezes for daughters.

I think I will keep the "Spare" Solo, for future experiments using some of the community developed tools. But probably sell of the main, immaculate Solo kit.

Home is Phoenix, Arizona, and a native, with extensive time in southern and Northern California.

Thanks for the great community!

Scott

Reaction score
I have two 3DR Solo's and I wouldn't part with either, I also have a Phantom 4 Advance that I bought last year and flew all last summer, I have been building two hexacopters in my spare time, which I've had very little of this year, so I bought a Yuneec typhoon H and got it today, plan maiden voyage with it tomorrow. Point being I found that the 3DR Solo's take more calibration and work to fly than DJI platforms, but I like them for that reason, you have to think more and know more about the drones system than with a phantom, and that why I build drones and that's why I bought the Typhoon, besides a hexacopter being a more stable platform. I would think long and hard before getting rid of one of your Solo's if nothing else, if you crash one, you'll have one to fly while repairing the other, or for parts. 3dr_solo_quadcopter.jpg

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliris