new to drones, and hello from gainesville fi

Reaction score
hello guys, ever since i’ve seen drones i wanted one and 2 years ago at a dollar gen they had one on sale for 30 bucks, i got it and thats it, i was hooked but never really learned about them i flew that little sky raider all around my property never higher that around 10 (lol) it really sucked but for 30 it was alright, then last week my brother in law got one and started sending me footages so i started playing with mine, my property is wooded so i told him i was going to try to get above the trees so i found an opening flew way up and filmed with the crappy cam it had, i couldn’t believe how high it went even though if u guys seen it u would have said THATS ALL anyways charged it again and went up again and when i got above the trees it took off like a bat out hell, it disappeared, so i was telling my sis about it and she says, we have one here we bought 2 yrs ago and used it like 3 times you can have it, its the solo, so i’ve been doing alot of reading about it and can’t wait to get it, she has to ship it to me, she says it has the gimbal, a backpack and i can even have the go pro, i know this was long but just wanted to introduce myself, glad i found this forum, i will prob have questions since i know absolutely nothing about it or drones for that matter, but looking foward to learning and sharing footage,
thanks and hello to all

Welcome to the forum from way down south, here (Lehigh Acres, Fl).. Wow, you lucked-out on that Solo!
Experience-wise, I'm in about the same boat as you. I got one of those 'pocket drones' with the collapsible, fold-up arms for my wife, but she gave up after one flight. I tried it and was hooked, although I really sucked at controlling it. Then, I saw an add for a 3DR "Iris+" on craigslist, bought it, and have been trying to learn to fly... It looks easy with an experienced person controlling them, but that ain't me.
From what the pros say, buying a toy drone and learning the controls, is a good way to learn the basics. But for the serious drone, I've been too busy, or it's been too windy for a new guy. I'm also flanked by 'no-fly' zones down here, so finding an open field to practice in during available flight time is extremely rare for me. Enjoy the new bird, and good luck with it.

Help Needed !!!!!
I am new to the SOLO, my daughter gave me 3 new solo drones and they all worked fine for 6 mos. I am using both GoPro 3 + and 4 Black
Problem:
I did a iPhone update 12.1 and can't connect, won't accept the sololink password.
Same issue w/IPad, I also have an Android tablet and it also will not connect, shows the Authenticity Issue
I completed the factory reset and update process and no change.
I have read tons of posts and can't seem to make any progress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela