New to 3DR and having some issues

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently purchased two solos. One being new in the box and one used. I cannot get the new one to do anything as I am unable to do any preflight updates. I am able to get the used one to fly and can (sometimes) get a feed from my GoPro hero 4 black. The solo app will not record or take photos with the GoPro. I am using an iPhone XR. I am unable to perform software updates on the solo app. I seen posts from people suggesting using an older android phone or tablet. This is all new to me and could use some guidance.

Do you have any older iPhones around or an iPad to try the stock Solo app on? It works well on most of them. I've only got Android and Windows stuff, but my brother has all Apple and his is working great - I'll ask him what iPhone version he has.

Hi, just found out from my brother that he has the iPhone X and he says the Solo app works perfect on it. He also bought the SidePilot app, and he did get that one to work as well, but only after updating his GoPro. He says that app is more picky with the order of how things are turned on. For example, if he changes out a battery and the app is already running, he will have to restart the app.
Hope that helps a little.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc