New Solo Owner

Reaction score
Hello Every one,

After doing load of reading online and going thru many comparisons.
I have pulled the trigger and purchased the Solo from BB. It was an irresistible buy for me.
It was no brainier as I already have a Go pro.

This is my 1st Quad/Drone very excited, unfortunately I line near an airport and also it is freezing cold so I am waiting for the rite time to get it up in the air.

I am currently going thru the manual and the simulation in the 3DR app.
I have also registered for the AMA membership.
Any suggestions or tips for beginners?

Are there any people in the Wisconsin area?

Thanks
Bhaskar.

Don't forget to register with the FAA too!
Just read the manual cover to cover and then come back to the Solo forums and read some more. Tons of info here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice Manual flying: Although I am also a recent solo owner (so more experienced owners may have better suggestions), I'd strongly suggest getting comfortable with the fly manual mode in the event of GPS connection loss (that was the main focus of my second flight).

I would rather my first manual landing to be under controlled conditions where I could get comfortable with it rather than occurring after a sudden/unexpected switch to manual mode due to connection issues.

Follow a conservative learning plan: I am slowly progressing through a very conservative learning plan, keeping altitude and distances relatively close. I want flying the drone to be second nature, so that if something urgent or some emergency occurs, I am less likely to panic and make a mistake.

Upgrade wifi and gps: I also immediately ordered the mrR GPS upgrade, wifi card upgrade, gps shield, and antenna upgrades. I experienced wifi connection loss when my drone was less than 50 feet away and about 30 feet up on my maiden flight. In retrospect, I should have done a better assessment of potential wifi interference in the area before flying. After the fact I noted that there were 16 wifi networks detectable by my tablet at my launch location. This could have had very bad repercussions, I was lucky FTH kicked in and worked with no problem.

Practice Manual flying: Although I am also a recent solo owner (so more experienced owners may have better suggestions), I'd strongly suggest getting comfortable with the fly manual mode in the event of GPS connection loss (that was the main focus of my second flight).

I would rather my first manual landing to be under controlled conditions where I could get comfortable with it rather than occurring after a sudden/unexpected switch to manual mode due to connection issues.

Follow a conservative learning plan: I am slowly progressing through a very conservative learning plan, keeping altitude and distances relatively close. I want flying the drone to be second nature, so that if something urgent or some emergency occurs, I am less likely to panic and make a mistake.

Upgrade wifi and gps: I also immediately ordered the mrR GPS upgrade, wifi card upgrade, gps shield, and antenna upgrades. I experienced wifi connection loss when my drone was less than 50 feet away and about 30 feet up on my maiden flight. In retrospect, I should have done a better assessment of potential wifi interference in the area before flying. After the fact I noted that there were 16 wifi networks detectable by my tablet at my launch location. This could have had very bad repercussions, I was lucky FTH kicked in and worked with no problem.

Thank you very much I shall definitely learn how to control it manually in the even of a connection loss or any other mishap.
I was thinking of the upgrade after reading but, I want 1st experience the actual potential and then invest.
I surely think this will turn out ot be a expensive hobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea