New sOlo Owner, Long time Ardupilot user

Reaction score
Hi all.

After having built/flown many Ardupilot quads and planes, I finally got roung to actually buying a SOLO!
I got the last one on amazon.ae. I got it for 149eur! new, no gimbal. I thought this was really cheap, so I kinda had to get it :)
I missed a couple of years of Solo SW development, so I am kinda lost here.
I was thinking of trying to add storm32 gimbal to it, but honestly... I intend to have this bird to actually fly, not to tinker with hehe. So Im in the market for Solo gimbal now. (I will get me some Solo guts in the near future... wel, doooch... :D plus I also still have my Edison.... ah.. many ideas :D)

Heres what I do know:
Open Solo 4, apparently it has that slew rate for the 3v ESC and whatnot... So I dont need to actually do anything here? no smd desoldering and that stuff?
Solex app, I hear great things about it. Is it worth it?

So if Im missing something, please nudge me in the right direction.

Great new year to all and happy flying :)

Thanks, Matic

Hi all.

After having built/flown many Ardupilot quads and planes, I finally got roung to actually buying a SOLO!
I got the last one on amazon.ae. I got it for 149eur! new, no gimbal. I thought this was really cheap, so I kinda had to get it :)
I missed a couple of years of Solo SW development, so I am kinda lost here.
I was thinking of trying to add storm32 gimbal to it, but honestly... I intend to have this bird to actually fly, not to tinker with hehe. So Im in the market for Solo gimbal now. (I will get me some Solo guts in the near future... wel, doooch... :D plus I also still have my Edison.... ah.. many ideas :D)

Heres what I do know:
Open Solo 4, apparently it has that slew rate for the 3v ESC and whatnot... So I dont need to actually do anything here? no smd desoldering and that stuff?
Solex app, I hear great things about it. Is it worth it?

So if Im missing something, please nudge me in the right direction.

Great new year to all and happy flying :)

Thanks, Matic
OS 4 does have slew rate limiting so no hardware modifications are needed. Stock Black Cubes can fly on it.

STorM32 gimbals have mixed results. I know that BetaCopter flys them [OlliW's custom fork of ArduPilot] but I don't think any of that code has made it back upstream. I've seen lots of claims as to STorM32's being fully functional with Smart Shots but have yet to see any video thereof. So,graain of salt in my book

Thanks for replying.
yes I have read everxthing about storm32 and BC. I might try it... sometimes, not now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela