New Solo Guy - This is how the hobby starts

Reaction score
Website
vsasolutions.com
So I had an opportunity to pick up a Solo for next to nothing with only 3 hours of flight time so I said what the heck. I have a creative firm and I have clients frequently ask for arial photos. I figured it would be a lot of fun to learn the right way. Taking one feature at a time and learning how to do it correct, all at slow speeds. The gimbal is a must have and will be chatting with you on the appropriate thread. I have one but it is possessed. Not sure if its fixable or not.

Any rate, my name is Kevin and feel free to reach out to me for anything. I have been in website and digital production industry for a couple of decades, hit me up if I can help you out with anything.

Reactions: makatanav
Hey Kevin, I see your about as new as I am! Finally got a 'real' drone, Solo, last month! Heck of a deal so here at lil over a month later I have 5! Hooked big time! Fun for sure! I live on open land with plenty of open space to fly & test on my property. So far I'm having issues with recording with a stock Solo running 2.4.2 with a newly updated GoPro 3+ Black. I can get it recording to start the flight but it cuts off without any buttons or screens being touched. I have gotten a couple runs with a couple minutes or more. So I'm stumped so far... I've used a Samsung S5 and an iPad so far. Just loaded the app on an Android tablet today to test tomorrow morning. Still learning of course. Time for some fun while learning something completely new! FlySolo!

Hey Tom. I get being hooked. My recommendation is make the move to Open Solo 4 and Solex. I am an Apple guy so had to go Android. Didn’t want to but let me say that combo just works. Othe things I have done is gps mod, v2 gps shield and 3.97 Peau flat lens upgrade. All well worthwhile. Glad to help in any way I can. Definitely learning but this is a great community.

I found an Open Solo 3.0 link but not for 4.0. I DL'd the files for now. I do have a test Solo to use for these exact times! I'll be outta town in Bishop & Mammoth this weekend. So I'll try to load the 3.0 unless I can find the 4.0! Solex is a paid app I know! Do you have to run both Solo 3 or 4 with Solex? Or can you run the Solo 3 or 4 and still use it to fly?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421