New Solo First flight update and GPS upgrade

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive just received my second Solo ( Brand New) :)
It obviosly requires a first flight update.
I also want to do the GPS upgrade to MRobotics card

Question: Should I go ahead and perform the first flight update, then install the new GPS board? or should I install the board then do the first flight update?
Does it really matter which way I do it?

Thanks

Bill

Hi All

Ive just received my second Solo ( Brand New) :)
It obviosly requires a first flight update.
I also want to do the GPS upgrade to MRobotics card

Question: Should I go ahead and perform the first flight update, then install the new GPS board? or should I install the board then do the first flight update?
Does it really matter which way I do it?

Thanks

Bill
It doesn't really matter, but I would update and test "as is" to make sure the Solo is working properly before opening it up and swapping the GPS. In the unlikely event there is something wrong it will help with troubleshooting.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Can the Solo be first flight updated using Solex or does it have to be the Solo App?

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Ok,Thanks, Understood,
Im aware of Open Solo, hadnt gotten my head around it yet but Ive just read your link and it sounds like a must and easy to install.. Ill be doing it soon I think :)

Thanks again :)

Just upgraded to Open Solo. Drone os flying very nicely and so steady and very responsive.
Im getting 27 sats!! with the upgraded GPS board. Very happy :)
Im hoping to get green cube soon

You'll need to use the Solo app for the 3dr updates.

When you are ready - have working Solo, comfortable with all Solo terminology, and out of warranty or no need for it - consider upgrading to OpenSolo:
documentation/README.md at master · OpenSolo/documentation · GitHub
Solex can be used for this and it brings you to a later release than the Solo app will.
Jim.
Am I right in saying that there is only one type of Green cube? I mean are there any updated revisions etc on these?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea