New Solo Batteries

Reaction score
Can anybody give recommendations on how to deal with brand new Solo batteries? I bought 2 new batteries a couple of weeks ago and have started wondering if I should leave them in the unopened boxes in the closet or taking them out to occasionally monitor their charge level with the view to keeping them around a 50% charge?

My name experience not flying my solo for a month that, The smart battery auto discharges to about 70%. Ive bought a total of 7 batteries so far and all come out of the package around 30-40% charge. If planning on long term storage I would recommend opening them and charging to around 70%. That's what I've done with two of my new unsed. I'm open to suggestions though.

For Solo batteries, the best storage level is at 50%, but I would think anywhere between 40-60% would be fine.
All my batteries arrived with 4 lights ~50%.

For Solo batteries, the best storage level is at 50%, but I would think anywhere between 40-60% would be fine.
All my batteries arrived with 4 lights ~50%.
I guess I need to open the boxes and see the relative charge level and expect to have to give them a brief charge maybe once a month or so to maintain approximately a 50% charge. That's what I was asking. If left in the boxes uninspected, I presume that they would slowly discharge down to 0%. Is that a correct assumption or do they stay around the 40-50% charge level for long periods of time? The 5 batteries that I use on a regular basis I am able to keep a eye on and am charging them regularly when I use them flying my Solo so I don't worry about them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44