Reaction score
Hello,

As a new member, I'm sure the following question has been asked several times, and as I'm sure ,it has been answered several times.

I'm looking for suggestions and ideas on what would be the best option on a FPV for my Solo. I've heard and read many articles on this topic, however I want to hear from pilots that actually have more experience than myself on this subject.

With that being said, I'm open for your thoughts, opinions and ideas.

Lastly, when flying, my iPad says no internet connection. What am I not doing, or doing wrong?

Thank you,

Welcome to the forum Kahno. I am going to let the experienced operators help you with your questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here.

I
Hello,

As a new member, I'm sure the following question has been asked several times, and as I'm sure ,it has been answered several times.

I'm looking for suggestions and ideas on what would be the best option on a FPV for my Solo. I've heard and read many articles on this topic, however I want to hear from pilots that actually have more experience than myself on this subject.

With that being said, I'm open for your thoughts, opinions and ideas.

Lastly, when flying, my iPad says no internet connection. What am I not doing, or doing wrong?

Thank you,

I'm of the opinion that FPV is not a good idea unless you are in a racing venue. I have tried it, but was not comfortable not being able to have eyes on the Solo plus you do not get telemetry data in FPV mode. You could always 'FPV' the recorded video after the flight. As to no internet connection -- that is normal because you are not connected to the internet, you have a wireless connection to the drone/controller which are not on the internet.

I

I'm of the opinion that FPV is not a good idea unless you are in a racing venue. I have tried it, but was not comfortable not being able to have eyes on the Solo plus you do not get telemetry data in FPV mode. You could always 'FPV' the recorded video after the flight. As to no internet connection -- that is normal because you are not connected to the internet, you have a wireless connection to the drone/controller which are not on the internet.

Thank you Tim,

As you know, telemetry is important when you are up in the air. Thank you as well for the internet question.

Without FPV, how will you know if you got the shot? FPV is one of the most important parts of a camera drone in my opinion. Virtually all current prosumer drones have FPV.

I own a pair of Aomway commander goggles that have a HDMI input but they don't work with the HDMI output from my controller. I have yet to find a mini to mini hdmi cable to connect them to my nvidia shield tab which would be another option. I also own an Ehang ghostdrone v2 that come with goggles but need a battery to fly. I fly on large farms so I'm not as worried about others being in the area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc